There are times when during the repair process it is necessary to crash into the sewer riser. This may be due to the addition of any plumbing fixtures or, in general, a change in the layout of the apartment. Many do not know how and where to start, but do not be afraid. If you read the recommendations in this article, and perform all the actions correctly, the tie-in into the sewer pipe will be painless for both you and the neighbors. Let's take a closer look at the list of work that will have to perform.
So, you have firmly decided to perform a sidebar in the sewer pipe and proceed to the preparatory. Measure the diameter of the pipe into which you will crash.
Look at the location of the pipe. If the pipe has free access, then it is possible to crash into the sewage system with the help of a tee. When the location of the pipe does not allow a tee to crash, you will have to perform this action with a special lining.
Before starting work, go around all the neighbors living above you and notify them of your repair. Otherwise, drained sewage into the sewer from the upper floors will get you into the apartment. Well, if you live on the top floor, you should not be afraid of this trouble.
So, you are ready to start work: the neighbors are notified, the tool is selected, all the necessary materials have been purchased.
Insert in a plastic pipe
If you have installed plastic sewage in the apartment, then the process of tapping is not difficult:
- On the pipe mark the area under the tie tee and, using a grinder or a hacksaw for metal, cut it.
- At cut points, remove all burrs for convenient connection.
- Both edges of the pipe are abundantly lubricated with silicone for better sliding of the sealing rings.
- At one end of the pipe put on the slip clutch and move it through the pipe.
- On the second edge of the pipe wear a tee socket. Do not forget to insert the sealing ring into the socket.
- On the mounted tee, moving the pipe, put on the slip clutch.
- If you are not going to immediately connect to the tee, insert the cap.
Here on this sidebar in a plastic pipe is considered completed.
Insertion in the cast iron pipe
Having a cast-iron sewage in the apartment, you can also do a sidebar. Only work with cast iron will be a little more difficult:
- On the pipe also mark the place of tie-in tee and grinder cut this piece.
- File grinding all the edges of the pipe to remove burrs.
- Lubricate the edges of the pipe with silicone, and wear adapters from cast iron to plastic. First, wear rubber adapters. Lubricate them with sealant, and on top wear plastic adapters.
- Grease one edge of the adapter with silicone and put on the slip sleeve.
- Clutch move on the adapter until it stops.
- Lubricate the second edge of the plastic adapter with silicone, and put on the tee.
- Grease the second edge of the clutch with silicone and, moving it through the pipe, connect it to the tee.
- You install a cap on the tee, and on this the tie-in is ready.
If you insert a plastic tee into the socket of a cast-iron pipe, then perform the following procedure:
- Cut one edge of the cast-iron pipe grinder.
- Clear the connection in the cast-iron socket and remove the cut piece of pipe.
- Cut off the cut edge with a file and lubricate it with silicone, and clean the socket from dirt.
- On the cut edge put on the adapter with cast iron on plastic.
- On the adapter wear slip sleeve, lubricated with silicone.
- In the cast-iron socket insert a rubber adapter, lubricated with silicone.
- One edge of the tee is inserted into the bell with a rubber adapter, and on the second edge of the tee you move the slip clutch.
- Twist the plug tee.
At this insert in the cast iron pipe is ready, you can use the sewer.
There are situations when it is impossible to crash into the sewer with the help of a tee. For this there are special linings on the pipe. The essence of this lining is that for inset into the sewer does not need to cut a pipe segment. Let's look at this box in more detail:
- You buy a pad of the same diameter as the pipe to which you will connect.
- Cut a window in a pipe, and clean the edges of the cut from agnails.
- Grease the edges of the window with a sealant and put on the cover so that the drainage system coincides with the window on the pipe.
- Fasten the cover with clamps, and twist the cap on the drainage.
This way of insertion is considered emergency. After all, the window size can not be perfectly adjusted to the size of the drainage. Consequently, dirt will cling to the protrusions, and deposits will accumulate. But if there is nowhere to go, this method is also good.
On this all the details of the tie-in considered, you can safely get to work.
In this video, the wizard shows how but performs the crossbar spacing into the sewer riser:
This video shows how to insert into the sewer pipe F110 by HAAS (Germany):