Manufacturers offer consumers a large selection of high quality finishing materials at an affordable price. Such an approach can not but rejoice the person, because at an affordable price you can buy high-quality finishes that will last for many years. These include the suspended ceiling - a unique material that combines practicality and sophistication. But it must be remembered that sooner or later it will have to be cleaned. In the article we will tell you how to clean it in the kitchen from soot, soot, grease, nicotine and much more.
Basic rules for care
Before proceeding with surface cleaning, it is necessary to become familiar with the basic rules and advice from experts. This knowledge and recommendations will allow to avoid deformation, and also will allow to carry out high-quality cleaning of a ceiling from any kind of pollution, even from soot.
First of all, select the necessary tools and materials that will be needed in the cleaning process:
- step ladder;
- soft cloths or foam wool (sponges);
- vacuum cleaner with a special brush head, which is made of soft bristles;
The best material that is suitable for washing the film is microfiber - a novelty that will gently and efficiently cope with the task.
If there is no stepladder or comfortable ladder, you can use a simple mop, which should be wrapped with a cloth. Carefully and with special care it is necessary to select and detergents to clean the ceiling in the kitchen. The use of abrasive powders is unacceptable, as solid particles easily damage the film and leave scratches on the surface.
Consider options for only mild detergents that are neutral:
- liquid soap;
- soft washing powder and others.
The ideal option are alcohol-based compositions, for example, means for washing mirrors and windows. Using them, you can not only remove the pollution, but also to preserve the brilliance of the surface.
The leader among the aggressors for the PVC film is a solvent, for example, acetone. It quickly corrodes the material and a hole will appear in the ceiling, so its use is unacceptable.
Basic cleaning methods
As you know, suspended ceilings are of two types: from PVC film and fabric. Depending on the material in question, there are several ways to purify. If we are talking about simple types of pollution, then you can cope with them and a simple damp cloth, for example, suede. In this way, you can clean the ceiling from stains and dust. With a thick layer of dust after the repair and construction works, you can use a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle that will protect the coating from deformation.
If necessary, remove traces of the primer, which also hit the ceiling during the repair, you should prepare a soap solution. Liquid or laundry soap diluted in warm water and eliminate contamination with a sponge. Wash should be soft and circular movements, avoiding pressure and pressure to prevent stretching of the PVC film. Also soap solutions can help if you want to get rid of fat, or you can use detergent for dishes.
When it comes to suede polyester fabric, you should use a dry brush. As in the previous case, it is necessary to cleanse with soft movements that follow from left to right.
After any cleaning, thoroughly dry the ceiling surface with a dry, clean, lint-free cloth.
- Cleaning the surface from soot should be done extremely carefully and carefully, as the process can damage the film. Choose the right detergent. The surface should barely touch.
- When cleaning, pay attention to the presence of seams and joints. In this case, it is necessary to carry out washing only along the seam, and not across.
- To restore the characteristic shine to the ceiling, after cleaning it is necessary to wipe the film with a solution of alcohol or ammonia. Also allowed the use of vodka, which is diluted in water in a ratio of 1:10.
- You should not rely on your own strength, especially if you are not sure about them, to remove stronger contaminants, for example, traces of paint. In this case, it is better to trust the professionals and ask for help from a special cleaning company.
To avoid the emergence of new and heavy pollution, you should take a few precautions:
- hang a horizontal curtain in the bathroom so that no water splashes;
- above the hob in the kitchen, you must install a powerful hood;
- Traces of champagne often remain in the living room, so be careful when opening the bottles.
Familiarize yourself with the recommendations of the manufacturer and the organization that made the installation of the ceiling regarding care of the surface of the stretch ceiling.
Unlike PVC film, the fabric base is more vulnerable, so you should carefully consider its cleaning. All actions must be thoughtful, measured and effortless. The cloth is also amenable to cleaning and washing, but rubbing in one place for a long time is not recommended.
If we are talking about dirt, and not about simple dust, it is best to use special tools for washing fabrics. They were designed specifically for this purpose. Before making a purchase, consult with the seller. If it is necessary to remove dirt from the glue, it is best to wait until it is completely dry and carefully remove the film, prying it with a sharp object.
It is forbidden to use glass cleaner in the case of textiles, as it contains substances that can destroy the structure or affect the color.
В заключение можно сказать, что при очищении натяжных потолков необходимо правильно подбирать detergents. Все будет зависеть от степени и рода загрязнения, а также от материала потолка.
See how to wash the ceiling with a mop:
If a stain has formed: