In modern construction, the design of the walls of country houses with decorative plaster "Bark" is one of the most common ways to finish the walls, both exterior and interior. The technology of applying the facing plaster is simple and it can be done independently. All the subtleties and nuances of how to apply bark beetle plaster to the external facade of a building or the internal walls of a house (apartment) can be specified below.
What is the "Bark Bird"
The finishing material "Bark-bearer" was given this name because the exterior decor is similar to the tree, eaten by bark beetles. This way of designing the exterior walls gives the houses a vintage look. As part of decorative plaster "Barkworm" there are particles of various sizes - granules of natural materials (marble, granite, natural stone). When applying such a finish on the wall an unusual pattern is formed.
Types of bark beetle plaster:
- Acrylic-based finishing material. The composition of this mixture includes acrylic and silicone. Sold such a plaster in finished form.
- Gypsum dry mix consisting of two components.
The finished mixture of finishing material is several orders of magnitude more expensive than dry. Gypsum mixture, prepared independently by mixing the components, is not inferior in quality to finished acrylic plaster. Which one to choose a mixture - ready or dry - depends on the desire and material capabilities. Any plaster, regardless of the manufacturer, has two components: marble chips, with grain sizes from 1 to 4 mm, and cement.
From the direction of movement (along, randomly, in waves or across) when processing the plaster after application depends on the figure that will be obtained as a result.
Depending on the size of the granules, the consumption of finishing material per square meter is determined. The larger the size of the granules, the more plaster you will need to decorate the surface. You must carefully examine the composition of the mixture before buying.
Application finishes bark
The area of use of plaster is quite extensive. The mixture consists of environmentally friendly components, so it is used not only for facades. She is also decorated with interior walls of residential and office premises. Decorative plaster can be applied to any surface, with the exception of glass and metal.
Excellent decorative material on the following surfaces:
- plasterboard coating.
Selection of the true
Of course, the decorative bark beetle has advantages over conventional facade plaster, this explains the popularity of this type of decor. The advantages are as follows:
- high performance: resistance to temperature extremes, sunlight, moisture and frost;
- strength and resistance to mechanical damage;
- durability and reliability;
- reliably protects the facade of the building from groundwater;
- environmentally friendly finish, which does not include harmful chemical components;
- plaster can be applied independently, without attracting professionals;
- the initial white color of the mixture makes it possible to obtain the desired shade by adding coloring components;
- reasonable price and a huge selection of manufacturers of finishing mixture.
What you need to cook
It is necessary to prepare the following tool for work:
- spatulas of different sizes
- drill with nozzle "mixer"
- dry or ready-made mixture of bark beetle.
- Before starting plastering, thoroughly clean the surface of dirt. Since the bark beetle finish is a finish, the base must be perfectly flat. With the help of putty required to remove all the irregularities: cavities, grooves and cracks.
- After sanding the walls, apply a primer. To finish the walls you can start after the complete drying of the primer, that is, after 5–6 hours.
Primer and putty need to buy a single manufacturer. The color of the primer should be the same color as the finish.
- If you use a finished acrylic blend, you can immediately proceed to the process of surface finishing. If the mixture is dry, then it must be prepared according to the instructions or following the general rules for the preparation of the finishing mixture:
- dilute the plaster with water, while pouring the mixture into the water, and not vice versa;
- water temperature should not exceed 20 ° C;
- mix the mixture with a drill with a mixer attachment;
- Prepare as much mortar as needed for one use. "Update" the plaster water can not.
- Apply plaster on the surface of the wall with a spatula and level with a metal float.
- Then apply the picture with a wooden or metal float. It can be completely chaotic movements or clearly directed (along, across, cruciform), with different pressing force. It all depends on the desired end result.
- Apply the plaster must be at one time on the entire prepared surface. On the fourth or fifth day, you can paint the plaster in any color.
Acrylic-based paint is applied only three weeks after the finish has dried.
It is not that difficult to apply bark bark by yourself. Enough to get acquainted with the subtleties and nuances of the work by viewing the video materials on this subject. And the photo, with the finishing finish of the Bark Beetle, will help determine the pattern of the walls.
Useful recommendations regarding the selection of tools and application technology: