In the greenhouse you can grow seedlings of many crops, as well as vegetables, fruits and flowers. The microclimate inside the greenhouse differs from the external environment, which favorably affects germination, strengthening the root system and plant growth. To date, the shape of the greenhouse can be varied. Much will depend on this criterion, therefore it is worth considering the most popular ones. One of those is considered a pyramid. Unlike other designs, it has a large number of advantages. The pyramidal greenhouse is very compact, for which it received great popularity. In the article we will tell you how to build a pyramid greenhouse with your own hands.
Energy properties and design advantages
The name of the greenhouse was due to its similarity with the Egyptian pyramids. Thanks to this design, a special geomagnetic field is created inside. Crops that are grown in such greenhouses, are considered more useful because they carry a special energy. Plant growth and fruit ripening are slightly above average. Tastes also have a richer taste. A pyramidal structure will positively affect all the buildings that are around it.
In addition, you can list other benefits:
- Height. The design of the greenhouse in the shape of a pyramid is quite high. This allows the warm air to be at the top point, and, therefore, the seedlings will be protected from overheating.
- Rigidity. For mounting the frame choose more durable and tough materials. This leads to cost savings as well as low mass of the structure.
- Saving. In addition to the frame, the owners can save on trimming material. Consumption will be several times less than with the arrangement of square, rectangular and arched greenhouses. All stages of installation are quite simple, so you can do on their own.
- Shadow. The shape of the pyramid creates minimal shadow, so the plants located around the greenhouse, develop well.
- Slanted faces. All walls of the pyramid are mounted at a certain angle. Due to this, natural control over the amount of sunlight that penetrates inside is exercised. In the morning and in the evening the reflection will be minimal, and in the afternoon - maximum.
- Humidity. To organize the increased humidity inside the greenhouse, it is enough to place a container with water in it. This will be enough for a small amount of seedlings.
- Mobility. When arranging small and medium-sized greenhouses there is no need to pour a concrete base, since the structure is quite simple to be dismantled and transferred to another place.
- Decorative. With the right selection of materials and arrangement of the pyramid greenhouse, you can get not only a reliable assistant for growing different crops, but also decorate the site. It fits well with any plot and landscape design of the cottage.
- During strong winds, a small structure can cover young trees.
Experts note that within such a greenhouse, plants, animals, and even people feel several times better and more comfortable. There is a surge of vital energy.
The main differences of the pyramidal form from the arched and rectangular
- Placing plants in a greenhouse in the form of a pyramid is considered the most constructive, since it covers all the available space.
- With a small weight of the frame design has increased rigidity.
- The number of rays that penetrate into the greenhouse of the pyramid is several times more than in the arched or rectangular. At different times of the day, this indicator changes, thus avoiding overheating inside.
- A smaller amount of material is required to frame the frame.
For the convenience of placing crops, several tiers are used at once: high plants directly into the ground, low-growing plants on equipped shelves and racks.
To date, the market of materials for plating is presented in a large assortment. Among the most common are:
- polyethylene film;
- air bubble coating;
- cellular polycarbonate.
The first and second options are not the best materials, as during work with them undesirable difficulties may arise. That is why experienced gardeners prefer the latter two materials. Each of them has its own characteristics and advantages, so it is worth studying them carefully before making the final choice. The list of positive characteristics of the bubble film include:
- High throughput.
- Maintain optimum air temperature. The heat that is generated by the soil remains inside the greenhouse. This allows you to protect plants from sudden changes in temperature and climate.
- The composition of the film includes a light stabilizer. It protects the polymer from direct ultraviolet radiation, so the coating will last a long time.
- At the same time, the presence of phosphor additives creates protection for plants from solar radiation.
- Another component is a substance with a waterproof function.
Among these characteristics it is worth noting the presence of one drawback. Over time, the material stretches and sags.
The cost of polycarbonate coating will be higher, and the installation process is somewhat more complicated, but at the same time the greenhouse will have more advantages:
- Despite the high strength, the panels have good flexibility. This allows you to use them for arranging almost any form of greenhouse, even arched.
- The presence of air cavities allows you to maintain the necessary microclimate inside.
- During the day, at the hottest time, polycarbonate will protect the crops grown from overheating.
- High resistance to atmospheric agents and toxic chemicals.
- Properly mounted greenhouse in the shape of a pyramid of polycarbonate can complement the garden design.
Modern cellular polycarbonate is a material that belongs to the plastic group. Used as a heat insulator or decorative coating. High flexibility allows the material to be bent without preheating.
If you do not know how to make a greenhouse in the form of a pyramid, it will be sufficient to familiarize yourself with the following information. First of all, all calculations are made, namely:
- greenhouse area;
- tilt angle.
So, if the height of the structure is 3.5 m (the optimal indicator), then the base side will be 5.45 m. All sides must be the same, since the foundation will have a square shape. If the greenhouse settles in the same place every year, then it is worth pouring a strip foundation under it. The depth should not exceed 30 cm. The formwork is arranged, a cushion of rubble or sand is laid. For reliability, a waterproofing layer is laid.
When arranging the foundation, it must be remembered that the pyramid design should be oriented strictly along the North-South axis. Otherwise, the features of the form will be lost.
While the foundation is frozen, and it takes about 7 days, you can engage in the foundation of the greenhouse - frames. In most cases, for the arrangement of the frame is used wood. To do this, suitable timber. The size of the cross section will depend on the area of the pyramid-shaped greenhouse. It is quite simple to calculate the height of the base: it is necessary to take 1/3 of the height of the greenhouse (in our case, the base will be 1.16 m.).
The frame is made according to a pre-drawn drawing or diagram. This will avoid mistakes and miscalculations. The connection of all elements of the lumber can be done using screws or simple nails. There should be a total of 3 frames.
After complete drying of the foundation, you can proceed to the installation of the frame. All frames are mounted alternately. On the side where the frame is missing, the entrance to the greenhouse will settle, so the shape is different. Before proceeding to this stage, you must install the edges of the pyramid itself:
- two prepared beams set opposite to each other;
- fixing must be done only at the base, and after installing windows for ventilation, full fixation is performed;
- in the same way mount the other two bars.
In order to mount a frame suitable for growing plants, it is necessary to include vertical walls in the construction. After complete construction of the structure, it is necessary to process the tree with protective agents or paint it with paint.
To maintain a good microclimate at all times, it is necessary to create ventilation. In the case of a greenhouse in the shape of a pyramid, you can install multiple windows. Their number, shape and size are determined depending on the total size of the greenhouse.
In most cases, two window frames are assembled in the form of a square or a rectangle. They are installed on the sides of the entrance to the greenhouse. This allows for improved air circulation. In fact, in most cases, it is enough to equip only one large window. Through it will pass the required amount of air to maintain the microclimate inside the greenhouse.
Due to its unusual shape, the air inside the structure will circulate several times better, unlike other types of greenhouses.
The final stage of construction
After installing windows for ventilation on the loops, you can proceed to fixing all parts of the pyramid. Self-tapping screws or long nails are also used for this. Mounted door jamb. To open the window using a special lever. It can be made from any solid reinforcement or metal rod.
When the frame is fully prepared and treated with protective agents, you can proceed to the cladding. The technology will depend on the material selected. If we are talking about cellular polycarbonate, then during its installation it is necessary to use a U-shaped profile. This will avoid the formation of cracks.
The most advantageous side for arranging the entrance to the greenhouse is the northern side.
At the end of the article it is worth noting a few points. Gardeners believe that cucumber and radishes grow best in pyramid-shaped greenhouses. To mount it yourself, just look at the site for the necessary materials for the frame. Most often, after the repair and construction work lumber remains, which will be enough. It remains to purchase material for plating and start growing different crops.
From this video you will learn about the advantages of pyramidal greenhouses, their features, as well as the method of installation: