Recently, profiled sheets of steel have been increasingly used for roofing, they have successfully replaced galvanized metal flooring and won the trust of builders and homeowners. Sheeting is used for the construction of roofs in low-rise residential and industrial construction. This material is famous for its high bearing capacity, corrosion resistance and temperature changes, as well as an affordable price. However, the main advantage of the professional sheet is the simplicity and ease of installation, which allow you to do the roofing with your own hands. The structure of the roof of corrugated has its own characteristics, without the knowledge of which it is impossible to achieve a quality result. In this article, we will describe what the roofing cake consists of to cover, as well as how it is laid and fixed.
Characteristics of the material
Profiled flooring is called the modern material used for the construction of the roof, which is made of thin-sheet cold-rolled steel. The production technology of this coating involves coating steel blanks with a zinc alloy and a layer of polymer or paint that increases the corrosion resistance and impact resistance of products. After painting, the steel sheets into the machine, which squeezes trapezoidal or rectangular profile into them with special rollers. Advantages of professional sheet consider:
- A light weight. The weight of 1 square meter of roofing of profiled steel for the roof is 8-17 kg, which is 2-3 times less than the ceramic tile or asbestos cement slate weighs. Lightweight reduces the load on the foundation, allowing you to save on the rafter frame of the roof.
- Corrosion Resistance. “Chronic disease” of metal roofing is rust. But zinc and polymer or paint coating protect the steel from which the profiled flooring is made from contact with water, thereby increasing the anti-corrosion properties of this material.
- Long service life. The service life of the roofing of the professional sheet, depending on the quality, price and compliance with the technology of the material is 25-50 years, which significantly exceeds the operation of roofing material, ondulin and slate.
- Large selection of colors. Polymer and paint coating allow you to paint profiled in any shades. The color range offered by manufacturers includes hundreds of items, including the metallic series.
Note! The thickness of the corrugated is 0.45-1 mm, it depends on the thickness of the workpiece and a layer of polymer or paint coating. Sheets are made 646-1200 mm wide. The smaller the width of the sheet, the higher the profile of the material and, as a result, the greater the carrying capacity.
Roofing pie roof of corrugated
Cold roof is the roof construction, which does not include thermal insulation of the slopes, because the attic space is not heated. This technology is considered to be traditional, it is very effective, since the roofing room serves as an air gap necessary for ventilation of the roof and the truss frame. As a rule, the roof of the cold type is used in the construction of economic, industrial and seasonally used structures. The scheme of the roofing pie in this case consists of the following elements:
- Rafter legs. Rafters for a cold-type roof are made of profiled sheet from wooden boards with a section of 50x150 mm or metal. The maximum step between truss feet is 100 cm.
- Waterproofing material. On top of the rafter legs with the help of a construction stapler with overlapping bands, waterproofing is fixed, for which films, diffuse membranes or ordinary roofing material are used. The waterproofing material is laid with a slight slack to prevent tearing.
- Counterbribe. Kontrobreshetka made of wooden slats with a thickness of 2-3 cm, which is nailed along the rafter legs on top of waterproofing. It additionally fixes the waterproofing material and provides a ventilation gap between it and the professional flooring.
- Crate. The crate is made of 40x100 mm boards or 40x40 mm bars. Applied grid and solid installation scheme. The greater the carrying capacity of a professional sheet, the less often you can take a step between the elements.
- Roofing material. Sheets of corrugated steel are laid on the crate, which overlap each other in a horizontal and vertical direction in order to create a hermetic covering and are fixed with roofing screws.
Important! The installation instructions for a warm roof made of corrugated flooring are different in that heat insulation material, for example, mineral wool, is laid between the rafter legs, and a vapor barrier membrane is attached to the bottom of the rafter. In addition, as a lining waterproofing warm roofing do not use roofing felt, as it does not allow steam.
Each roofing material has a recommended slope, which specifies the manufacturer's instructions, and confirms the experience of roofers. Decking is recommended to lay on the roof with a slope of 8-9 degrees. This indicator is associated with the form of release and method of laying the coating. If the roof has a slope that is less than recommended, water will penetrate into the horizontal joints between the sheets, which will lead to inevitable leaks. Technological map of the profiling sheet is made in accordance with the roof structure:
- If the slope of the roof slopes is less than 8 degrees, then the overlap between the sheets of corrugated board should be 200-250. To prevent leaks, all joints are treated with silicone-based roofing sealants. When installing low-slope roofs, material consumption increases, which increases the cost of roofing.
- If the slope of the roof is 9-15 degrees, the overlap between the sheets of corrugated sheet should be at least 200 mm, and the treatment of the joints with a sealant is not a mandatory operation.
- If the slope of the roof is 15-30 degrees, you overlap between the sheets of roofing material can be reduced to 150-200 mm, which corresponds to 1-2 waves.
- If the angle of inclination of the slopes exceeds 30 degrees, the overlaps between the sheets make 100-150 mm, overlapping the sheets by 1 wave.
Important! When installing low-slope roofs of corrugated board, they build a continuous crate of edged board or moisture-resistant plywood to prevent the deformation of the coating as a result of intense snow and wind loads. The steeper the angle of slope of the slopes, the more allowed the step between the elements of the batten.
Reliability and service life of the roof of corrugated board is determined by the quality of the used roofing material and compliance with installation technology. The roof, built without complying with the recommendations for laying profiled steel, will eventually begin to leak, rot and require replacement in 5-7 years. In order for the coating of the profiled sheet to become a reliable barrier to atmospheric moisture, wind and cold, the roof construction must meet the following requirements:
- Sheeting is allowed to be mounted on roofs with a slope of 8-60 degrees. The slope of the slopes is determined in accordance with the climatic conditions in the construction area.
- The maximum step between the truss legs for the installation of corrugated board is 1.5 m. This figure depends on the carrying capacity of the material. If the roof is of a warm type, the rafters should be placed at a distance of 60 cm or 120 cm so that it is convenient to place heat insulation material between them.
- In order to reduce the number of joints between the sheets, a material is used for the covering of the roof covering, the length of which corresponds to the length of the slopes.
- When a roofing sheet is made of profiled sheet, installation of a solid or sparse crate is allowed. However, in places of sheet joints, installation of snow stoppers or drainage elements, the crate is reinforced with additional boards.
- The instruction prescribes the use of special roofing screws with a gasket for fixing sheets. When twisting the neoprene washer flattens, sealing the hole in the roofing material.
Experienced craftsmen note that it is possible to make a high-quality, hermetic coating of profiled steel using shaped elements for the equipment of the ridge, the valley, the places where the pipe is drawn out, or the joints between the slopes. They are also made of steel and painted in tone to the professional flooring to be invisible after installation.