Experienced builders call profiled the most versatile material on the construction market, as it is used to perform a wide range of construction tasks, including roofing. Due to the variety of applications, manufacturers produce a huge variety of grades of profiled sheet, which differ in height and profile truss, thickness, carrying capacity and price. On the one hand, such a variety is a huge plus for the buyer, but on the other hand, it can be difficult to understand the names and types of the profiled sheet and select the necessary material for the roof structure. In this article we will describe how the labeling of corrugated board is deciphered, and what information can be obtained from it.
Characteristics of the material
Profiled sheeting is called a multifunctional building material that is used for wall cladding, building structures and fences, organizing floors and roofing. It is made on the basis of cold rolled sheet steel, which in the production process is covered with a zinc alloy and a polymer or paint coating. A trapezoidal or rectangular profile is extruded on the surface of the material, which increases the strength and carrying capacity of the profiled sheet. The professional flooring has the following operational advantages:
- Corrosion Resistance. Steel coated with zinc and polymer or paint does not corrode when in contact with water. This property makes sheeting an excellent material for the roof structure.
- A light weight. The weight of 1 square meter of this material does not exceed 5-7 kg, which is 4-5 times less than the weight of ceramic tile or asbestos cement slate. Low weight allows you to save on the rafter frame of the roof and pouring the foundation.
- High carrying capacity. Due to the additional stiffening ribs that form the profile of the material, the load-bearing capacity of the sheeting reaches 300-600 kg / m2, which allows him to withstand the weight of a person and the intense snow loads without deformation.
Note! An important advantage - an affordable price. Different grades of professional flooring vary greatly in cost, the difference in price can reach 100%. The cost of the material is influenced by the thickness and size of the sheet, the type of coating, the metal capacity of the zinc coating and the bearing capacity of the material. For the construction of the roof, it is allowed to use a professional sheet of wall, bearing and universal grades, the profile height of which is not less than 20 mm, and the thickness of the steel is not less than 0.5-0.6 mm.
Types of sheeting
All professional flooring grades are classified into five-wave, six-wave, seven-wave and eight-wave. But it is much more convenient for buyers to divide the profiled sheet into types according to the sphere of use, which differ in the thickness of the steel billet, the height of the profile and the bearing capacity. There are the following types of sheeting:
- Wall. It is marked with the letter "C" is used for wall cladding, so it has a small profile height of up to 44 mm and a sheet thickness of up to 0.6 mm. The bearing capacity of this corrugated flooring is lower than the universal one and bearing, however, it is allowed to use it to cover the roof, provided the installation of a reliable roof system and battens.
- Carrier. The bearing professional sheet is marked with beech "H", it has a high bearing capacity, which is achieved due to the high profile height up to 114 mm and additional stiffeners. This material is made of steel with a thickness of up to 0.9 mm, so it can withstand considerable weight loads.
- Universal. The profiled flooring of the universal type is marked with “NS” beeches, it is used for all types of construction work, as it has average characteristics of the profile height and sheet thickness.
Consider that the division of the profiled sheet by wall, carrier, and universal is rather conditional, therefore the choice of material is made in accordance with the design features of the roof (angle of inclination, length of the slopes, composition and cross-section of the rafter frame) and climatic conditions of the construction zone.
A person far from construction, it is difficult to quickly navigate a large number of types of profiled sheet, which complicates the choice of a suitable material. However, knowing how the marking of a professional flooring is deciphered, you can find out a lot of information about the technical and operational qualities of a professional sheet from its name. One glance at the label is enough to determine the type of material, profile height, thickness, width, maximum sheet length. The marking should be deciphered as follows:
- The first letter of the marking indicates the type of material in accordance with the scope of use. The letter “H” marks the bearing professional sheet, which is used to create the floor, the construction of structures, the letter “C” denotes the wall, used for wall covering and building fences. "NS" - a professional flooring of universal types which is allowed to be used for any construction needs.
- The first digit of the marking indicates the height of the profile of the material, this indicator is in the range of 6-114 mm. The greater the profile height, the greater the carrying capacity of the material.
- The second digit of the marking indicates the thickness of the steel billet used in production, it is usually 0.45-0.9 mm. As a rule, the bearing professional sheet is made of thicker steel, and wall - of thin.
- The third digit of the marking indicates the width of the sheet of material, it depends on the height of the profile. The higher the profile, the smaller the width of the sheeting. Typically, this figure is up to 1150 mm, since all types of this coating are made from blanks 1250 mm wide.
- The last digit of the marking, which is not always indicated by the manufacturer, indicates the maximum length of a sheet of corrugated sheeting, it is 8000-12000 mm.
Important! The quality of the profiled sheet used for roofing or performing other construction tasks is governed by GOST 24045-94, which specifies the standard dimensions of the material, the requirements for raw materials, dimensions, shapes of corrugations, product specifications, as well as generally accepted marking.
Criterias of choice
In order to cover the roofing sheet from the roof does not let the water through and lasts for 20-25 years, it is necessary to choose the right material in accordance with the technical design features. Experienced craftsmen claim that a roofing profiled steel sheet must meet the following requirements:
- Skilled craftsmen use a professional sheet with a polymer coating for roofing, as it better protects the material from corrosion. The paintwork is easily damaged during operation, which is why it serves less.
- When buying a roofing proflista pay attention to the metal zinc coating material. Economical options are less than premium, worse protecting from contact with water steel base.
- The wave height of the roofing profiled sheet should not be less than 20 mm in order to ensure the flow of thawed, rainwater from the roof of the roof.
- For economy of material choose a professional flooring with the maximum useful area of a leaf. Usually the most economical are the 7-wave variants.
- If the material is purchased directly from the manufacturer, it makes sense to order sheets with a length corresponding to the size of the slope in order to remove the horizontal joints.
Experienced roofing masters advise when choosing a material to pay attention to the appearance of corrugated board, the integrity of the packaging, compliance with the marking GOST. The surface of the sheet should not be damaged or scratched, the edges of the sheeting should be smooth, without chipping, then it will last the time stated by the manufacturer.