Recently, the coating of corrugated steel has often been used in the construction of private residential or garden houses. The roof of this material is not afraid of corrosion, temperature drops, it is not subject to fire and rot. It is considered the most practical, provides maximum waterproofing at a relatively low price. Installation of the roof of corrugated overlapping, usually it does not cause difficulties. Special attention should be paid to the finishing of the junction of the pipe with the roofing material. In this article, we will describe how to properly and efficiently perform the sealing of the junction between these elements with your own hands.
Many holes are made of corrugated roofing on the roof, through which the chimney, ventilation ducts are removed, they violate the integrity of the waterproofing layer, leading to leaks. The most difficult is the waterproofing of the joint of the pipe and the roofing pie, if the installation is carried out after the completion of the roofing work, in this case, to ensure a tight fit of corrugated flooring to the wall of the chimney is extremely problematic. If the finishing of the pipe passage on the roof is performed poorly, the following problems arise in the construction:
- Leakage. If the chimney is displayed on the roof, and the joint between it and corrugated flooring is not properly sealed, leaks occur in the design.
- Rotting truss frame. The flow of water through the joint between the corrugated board and the chimney leads to dampening of the wooden structural elements, and then to the rotting and deformation of the rafters.
- Corrosion of roofing. When moisture appears under the profiled sheeting, it begins to corrode, because the protection on the inside of the material is not as reliable as outside, because the outside of the profiled sheet is covered with a polymeric protective film, and the bottom is only varnished.
- Wetting insulation. If you do not close up the joint on the roof, where the chimney is removed, moisture penetrates into the insulating material, half reducing the effectiveness of insulation.
Note! High-quality finish of the joint between the profiled flooring and the furnace or ventilation pipe is considered the key to long-term operation, the reliability of the roofing. To seal this seam using silicone sealant, apron made of galvanized steel, self-adhesive waterproofing tape, silicone or rubber elastic penetrations.
The reliability and leaktightness of the roofing pie depends on the correct choice of the exit point of the chimney and ventilation ducts through the roof. The finish of the joint depends on the location of the passage. If the roof is made of profiled sheet, the pipes are removed in the following places:
- On the horse. The most advantageous place for the removal of pipes is the construction ridge. This arrangement eliminates the formation of snow pockets, condensate, reduces the likelihood of leakage, however, violates the integrity of the ridge beam. If the chimney or ventilation duct is discharged through the ridge, it is sufficient to fill the joint between them and the roofing material with silicone-based sealant, and then sheathe the decorative apron.
- At a distance of 50-70 cm from the skate. Such an arrangement is considered advantageous, since it minimizes the formation of snow pockets and prevents leakage. When removing the chimney at such a distance from the ridge, the trusses are not disturbed. To protect the joint between the pipe and the roofing material, elastic penetrations and additional elements are used to assemble the apron.
There is a simple pattern: the lower the pipe is located along the roof slope, the more effort requires waterproofing the joint between it and the roofing pie.
Equipment adjoining the rectangular pipe
Rectangular pipes are one of the most common, they are used as a chimney or ventilation duct, and are made of heat-resistant bricks or special ceramic blocks. Finishing the junction of a rectangular pipe with a corrugated rooftop is performed using a finished shaped element - an apron. It is made of galvanized steel, and then painted in the color of the roofing. Sealing the joint with an apron is as follows:
- Waterproofing and vapor barrier material, which was cut during the removal of the chimney outside, neatly glued to the outer walls of the pipe with the help of construction tape.
- On the perimeter of the pipe is made shallow strobing for the installation of the top junction with an angle grinder.
- The upper edge of the junction plate is placed in the gate, additionally fixing with a heat-resistant silicone-based sealant.
- The lower part of the apron is placed with an overlap of 10-15 cm, for fixing use special screws for corrugated board.
- A tie is placed under the bottom of the apron - an element made of waterproofing material that prevents the formation of leaks.
Experienced roofing masters advise to choose additional elements, with the help of which the joint between the corrugated flooring and the walls of the chimney of rectangular cross section is made of the same material, the same color as the roof covering. The easiest way to install an apron made by the same company that used professional sheet.
Equipment of the junction of an oval and round pipe
Chimney and ventilation pipes on the roof of corrugated can be made of galvanized steel and have a circular cross section. To close the joint between them and the roofing material is much easier. For waterproofing of the place of interface of a pipe and a professional sheet, use special elastic penetrations, for example, "Master Flash". They are made of latex or synthetic rubber in the form of a funnel of various sizes. Produce elastic penetrations for flat or pitched roofs. Seal the joint between the chimney and roofing material on the roof of the profiled sheet can be as follows:
- Choose an elastic penetration of a suitable size, and then carefully trim the narrow part of the product so that it fits tightly around the chimney.
- It is necessary to remove the protective umbrella or deflectors from the pipe, and then gently pull the elastic penetration on the chimney to the very foundation.
- The penetration base is attached to the roof using a self-adhesive base, silicone sealant or roofing screws.
- Finishing is completed by installing a decorative apron on the chimney in the form of a cap to match the color of the roofing material, which protects the elastic penetration from ultraviolet rays, as well as from mechanical damage.
Important! To waterproof the chimney of circular cross-section, it is important to choose the size of the flexible penetration. If the diameter of the chimney is smaller than the product, then it is possible to ensure a tight fit only with the help of a sealant and a steel clamp. If the penetration diameter is smaller, it may tear during installation.