When choosing a flooring, each person tries to consider a practical, durable, material with high performance properties at an affordable price. All these criteria correspond to the laminate, which is suitable for almost any room, and its installation technology does not require special knowledge and skills. Modern stores have a huge range of laminate. Manufacturers produce several collections annually, which allows you to choose a model for a particular interior. Mounting technology can be different, but sometimes laminated paving is used on logs, which has many advantages. To independently produce it, it is enough to familiarize yourself with the subtleties of this work, which will be discussed in this article.
Due to the fact that the laminate board will be laid on the previously prepared surface of wood (plywood and boards), several positive aspects of this technology can be identified:
- additional heat and sound insulation properties;
- simple installation;
- saving of time and money on using the services of the master;
- reasonable price of floor material;
- opportunity to lay engineering and communication systems under the floor.
Note! If we compare the financial costs of installing laminate on logs with leveling the floor with a tie, then the logs in this case will benefit in several directions at once.
Plywood for leveling the floor
To fix the logs and prepare a flat surface for laying laminate, it is recommended to use chipboard and plywood of various thickness, which can be bought at any hardware store. Unlike wood, plywood has a list of advantages:
- ideally equal and smooth surface;
- low weight;
- the absence of any harmful resins.
Before you go to the hardware store, you should familiarize yourself with all the varieties of plywood, as well as explore which one is suitable for installing laminate in the house. Everything will depend on the foundation:
- For a durable and even flooring a thickness of up to 1 cm will be sufficient.
- In case of small irregularities, sheets from 1.2 cm should be used.
- If we are talking about the installation of laminate on the logs, then you should worry about the strength and ability of plywood to withstand heavy loads. Give preference to sheets with a thickness of 1.5 to 2 cm.
Note! Since plywood is made from natural wood, namely from several layers of wood veneer, it can be attributed to environmentally friendly and safe materials. Although in this matter it all depends on the adhesive used to join the veneer layers.
Besides the fact that it is necessary to choose the thickness of the plywood sheet correctly, it is very important to treat them together with lags with a special antiseptic composition in order to protect against harmful insects, mold and rot.
If the technology of fastening plywood sheets to a regular floor does not provide for any cuts, then in the case of lags here you need to be careful. The joints of plywood should be located directly in the middle of the log, so it is necessary to cut the sheets in advance.
When the choice is made, all materials are prepared, sheets of plywood are cut, then you can proceed to the selection of all tools. This list is quite large, but among them there are no special and professional tools, so just look in your garage and find there:
- self-tapping screws;
- building level;
- electric drill;
- grinding machine;
- roulette wheel
Laminate after purchase must be a few days directly in the room where it will be installed. Thanks to simple acclimatization, the flooring will not be deformed afterwards. Carefully review all the laminate boards, examining them for marriage.
Note! Examine the instructions and label, as they are absolutely all the criteria and parameters of the material.
Everyone will be able to perform fairly simple actions with their own hands, following the step-by-step instructions:
- Laminate must be cut according to a pre-designed pattern. It must be laid after painting the walls or wallpaper stickers.
- Also selected lags of the required size, which is calculated in advance. They are attached to the base with screws. Do not forget to check the level of log lag building level. The result should be a grid.
- In the process of installing the base for laying laminate can not do without plywood, which must be secured with glue and screws to the prepared logs. To facilitate the process, it is worthwhile to predrill the bars in the places for fastening.
- The plywood is laid under the substrate for laminate and proceed to installation according to the standard scheme.
Note! To create a perfectly smooth surface, it is necessary to walk on it with a grinding machine and cover it with varnish, which will prevent moisture from entering the structure.
The use of the lag has many positive aspects, but take into account the fact that the floor will rise no less than 10 cm, and this may make it difficult to move from one room to another.
From this article you could learn about the features of laying laminate on logs. If you have personal experience in the implementation of this work, then leave comments at the end of the article.
You can learn more about the features of mounting plywood on logs by watching the video: