Simple and not expensive option fencing territory
The first question that arises after acquiring a plot of land is how to equip a fence. Its main function is to protect the area from unwanted penetration. In addition, a beautiful fence attracts the eye and serves as a decorative element.
To a certain extent, well-built and stylishly made fencing can advantageously emphasize the status of the owner. But in most cases, it is perceived as simply a physical delineation of your territory.
Most often, when choosing a material and type of construction, they are guided by the principle: to realize the main task with the lowest possible cost. For each person this main task has its own. It should be understood that the price range for different people is sometimes very different.
We determine that the fence, first of all, performs a protective function. In combination, he can perform the function of a stylish decorative element, or be a simple contour of your site. The main question of this article - what is cheaper to make a fence?
Choosing the material for the fence
In order to choose the best material for the cheapest fence, you need to finally decide on the purpose and main functions of the future fencing. There are a lot of options for the construction of fencing today.
The most popular are:
- metal in all its diversity;
- metal grid;
- slate and various asbestos slabs;
- a rock;
- live material.
If you answer the question, what kind of fence is cheaper, of course, you should choose wooden types of barricades. The colorful fences made of wicker wicker rods look just great. Such a "hedge" can cost you almost free. If there is an opportunity to get trimming from the production of metal profiles, you can make a very stylish version of a metal fence.
Materials for the fence
The cost of manufacturing the fence, except, of course, the material, is influenced by its dimensions: height and length. It is clear that for the suburban area of 6 acres and land for the construction of the estate of 15-30 acres, and sometimes up to a hectare, a different amount of material is required. The higher the fence, the more expensive it is, and the more difficult its construction will be.
The price of the fence will be higher in the case of a continuous option and lower if you choose a transparent one or a type of picket fence. In any case, if the material is bought, then the larger its volumes are used, the more expensive the final version will be. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of different variations.
Self-made mesh fence
The cheapest version of the fence
The option of making a mesh fence has a minimum cost.
The main positive points
- low price;
- easy and reliable installation;
- increased ventilation and light flux;
- lightweight construction that does not require a solid base.
In order to make such a fence, you must choose for yourself the type of mesh, the material for the pillars and the height of the fence. Currently, there are several types of welded meshes:
- non-galvanized mesh is the easiest and cheapest option from 100 p. for the quarter. meter;
- galvanized mesh, possesses anti-corrosion zinc coating;
- polymer metal mesh, is the first option, after welding, additionally treated with a polymer coating such as PVC;
- hybrid variation obtained from the subsequent galvanizing of a simple mesh, and then additionally coated with a polymeric substance. Such a fence from a chain-link mesh is the most durable, but also the most expensive option.
Galvanized mesh rolls for the fence
Note! The cost of the grid depends not only on the type of coating, but mainly on the diameter of the wire mesh and cell size.
Most often, the cheapest option is offered when buying the largest roll. Price per square. galvanized and polymer mesh meter ranges from 200 p. After the selection of the base material is made, it should be determined from what the pillars and the supporting frame will be made. It does not take long to think, there are only three options: wood, metal and concrete.
If you start from the low cost of construction, then the most suitable will be wooden pillars, then - metal, well, concrete just will not work. In order to make wooden poles last longer, they must be treated with a special compound. That part of the pillar, which will be in the ground, should ideally be ground. This will provide maximum resistance to rotting wood.
Stages of installation of fencing
When the material is selected, you can begin to assemble the fence from the chain-link mesh with your own hands.
Sectional variant of the fence
The following instruction can help you with this, briefly describing the sequence of actions.
Installation of wooden poles
- To dig in the wooden pillars of the framework to a depth of one quarter of the total length, maximally isolated from the ground with the help of impregnation, charring, or concreting. In the case of metal struts, fasten them to previously made concrete bases;
- Corner pillars should be strengthened with additional braces, or in another way, reinforcing the increased load;
- Mounting the net should be made after the pillars are fully fixed;
- In the continuous version, the netting of the chain-link is rolled out from a roll and fastened with the help of nails and screws for wooden posts; bolts and special brackets for metal construction;
- In the case of sectional execution of the fence, each span is fixed separately;
- Here is the fence and ready. If everything is done correctly, the result should be a quality, reliable fence for many years to come.
Classic wooden or corrugated fence
The next option for a cheap fence after the net is a wooden type of picket fence and solid. Very close to the price they came to the fence of corrugated board. The cost per square meter of these fences is almost the same.
Classic wooden shtaketnik
In order to assemble a wooden fence, as in the photo above, you only need material and free time. The sequence of actions is simple:
- dig in bearing columns through the same distance to a depth of one meter;
- attach transverse bars with nails or screws;
- fasten the boards vertically, fence or slab with a certain step for a blown fence, butt or overlap - for a solid fence;
- to process a fence against anti-decay. You can paint the development, primer, paint. High-quality impregnation increases the durability of the fence up to 50 years.
The fence from a professional flooring serves on average 30 years. For its installation will require metal supports, pre-fixed in the ground with concrete. The depth of immersion of the metal column in the ground varies from the depth of soil freezing and ranges from 80 to 120 cm.
To metal vertical pipes or profiles, cross-beams are welded. Sheets corrugated attached to the frame with rivets or screws.
Some stages of the installation of fences can also be seen on the video.
Attention! The metal frame should always be coated with an anti-corrosion agent. The more reliably you do this, the longer will be the lifetime.
We have considered the cheapest ways to manufacture a fence. In addition, each option can be improved in terms of strength, durability and design, for an additional cost (see also the article “Installing fences in country houses: practical ideas”).