Cellular polycarbonate fence
Progress in the field of construction covers not only the technology of construction and design of buildings, it also includes modern fences and fences, which serve as an auxiliary and decorative application for ultramodern buildings. But not always the fence of the house, even the most luxurious, is made in a modern or some other direction towards know-how, because the saying about the well-forgotten old is well known. We will talk about such areas now, and also watch the video in this article.
The fences of our time with a retro slant
Decorative stone fence
If we talk about retro compositions, then more often it comes not only about formsbut about materials discussed designs. The same applies to fences for residential and public buildings where natural stone can be used, as in the photo above, as well as metal for openwork forging or ordinary reed, which we will discuss below.
Decorative openwork fencing
Forged openwork fence
- The elegance and beauty of the building will never emphasize a solid massive fence, such a fence can only indicate the good quality and security. But the famous French charm and lightness can only create a transparent fence of steel or cast iron. Such structures are made by welding or forging.
Metal fences are not afraid of moisture and frost
- But openwork fences can perform not only decorative functionthey also serve reliable protection from unwanted entry by unauthorized persons or animals. Of course, a decorative fence by itself does not save from thieves, but, nevertheless, it is a psychological barrier, which is also important in our time. The metal structures of this type have one undoubted advantage - they tolerate rain, frost and icing very well - perhaps a paint and varnish coating can suffer.
Forged fence on a brick base
- One of the most reliable metal fencing structures is mounted on brick foundationThat is, the supporting pillars, and possibly the lower part of the fence, are made of decorative brick. Of course, the price of such a device is not small, because the stone base is additionally reinforced with a profile, which, in addition to the cost of the material, also increases labor intensity.
Бетонный strip foundation
- To make a modern fence with a brick or concrete base, it is necessary to equip strip foundation, as shown in the diagram above, but the depth of its planting should be focused on the climatic conditions and soil condition of your area. One should not forget that even if the structure is damaged, it is much easier to replace the section with a forged or welded lattice section than to redo the foundation.
Council When arranging the fence, make sure that the butt of the metal post is protected not only from the sides from moisture, but also from the bottom. If this is not done, the subsoil waters will penetrate into the profile, which will lead to its corrosion and, consequently, a decrease in the operational resource.
- Reed Fences - quite beautiful fences. They, rather, can be called decorative, rather than practical, but, nevertheless, they are quite functional and, depending on the circumstances, can serve as a fence for the garden, garden or any part of the estate. Let's try to figure out how to make a reed fence on our own and what we need for this.
- First of all, you need to prepare a reed and you can do it with your own hands, or simply buy it from the suppliers - it will be inexpensive, especially since you will have to pay, not for the material, but for its cutting and delivery. After all, even in privatized water bodies, you will most likely be allowed to cut reeds, because it gradually conquers the territory of the lake and actually destroys it.
- Raw materials for reed mats are harvested somewhere in the late summer or early autumn (depending on the weather), they clean the stems of leaves and leave them to dry until spring. After drying, mats can be made from this material for fencing or for the roof of a house.
Weaving reed mats on the machine
- To make a reed fence with your own hands, you need to weave the mats either on the machine or on the workbench, which can be equipped from ordinary boards, the main thing is to have a large, even tabletop. So, depending on how thick you want to have a fence, you need to arrange the reed bunches by 15-25 cm in diameter. At the same time try to half of the stems lay with the butt in one direction, and the second half - in the other, so the sheaf will turn out uniform along the entire length.
The principle of weaving reed mats
- If you work without a machine, then carefully make sure that all the beams were of the same length, so you will get a mating smooth. In order for the stems not to disperse, nail a rail to one side of the workbench against which you will rest the ends of the reed. When hand-knitting mats, use a nylon thread or ribbon and make sure that each bundle is well tightened, then the construction will not crumble.
Council To prevent rodents from spoiling the reed, dip its ends in thick slaked lime. The solution will fill the ends of the pores, like sour cream, and the mouse will not go there.
- Wooden bars can be used for the frame, but they must first be treated with an antiseptic to protect it from rotting. Komli columns need to be ground, then the wood will not pull the moisture and support will stand much longer. If you cannot find resin (which is, of course, unlikely), then use a conventional primer for wood, or some kind of solid lubricants.
- Do not forget that reed fences can be made not only around the perimeter of the estate, but also for the vegetable garden or even for aviary (ducks, geese, chickens, turkeys). In this case, the height of the fence will depend on your desire - you can either make the mats of the desired length by yourself, or order the finished ones in the required size. By the way, in the first case, the manufacture of such sections will be almost free.
It can be said that modern fences and fences should rather maintain the style of the building, rather than provide some kind of protection for them. In addition, to improve the design of unusual fences often use climbing plants, which gives the fence liveliness and naturalness.