Welded metal fencing for terraces
The need to establish at least a visual barrier in today's world is very high and for this purpose a variety of methods and materials are used. One of them is a fence of welded rods and profiles, which can be used as fences, stair railings and partitions.
As a rule, such constructions are made of ferrous metal (occasionally stainless steel) and are coated with polymer and powder coatings.
The railing is made of reinforcement with square cross section
For lattices of this type, you can use metal profiles, fittings and rods of different cross-sections, while making up a drawing. The grids are cooked either according to ready-made sketches, or according to independent sketches, but the main thing in this is not the intricacy of the ornament, but the accuracy of the distribution of the constituent elements.
Council When installing welded fences on metal pillars, the latter are best concreted to prevent moisture from entering the metal. The ends of the profile is also better to seal - on the top of the cap weld, and the bottom - blow out the foam.
How to calculate grills for fencing
Ready fence for flowerbed at home
- The easiest way to calculate the welded fence for flower beds, because they are often rectangular in shape. Let's try to make a perimeter markup. 2200 × 2200 mm at the entrance of a residential building - note that for working with metal, dimensions are always given in millimeters.
Metal square profile
- For a fence of welded rods of this size, a metal square profile can be used as pillars. To be more precise in the calculations, we use a section of 50 × 50 mm. In total, we need 5 such supports - 4 at the corners of the fence and 1 for the gate.
- If we order ready grids, it means that we will need 2200-50 * 2 = 2100 mm on one side, but this is the net distance between the posts, and we will not insert the ready section tightly to the supports. Between the column and the lattice we leave a distance of 30 mm, which means 2100-30 * 2 = 2040 mm. It turned out the width of the finished grille on the continuous span of the fence, but we still have a gate on one side.
- From the entrance there will be three supports, so you need to separate part of the fence for the gate, so that you can maintain the flower bed and for this you can leave an opening of 800 mm. If the flap is of exactly that width, then we add 5 mm between each leg on each side, totaling 10 mm, then 810 mm will be obtained between the corner and gate post.
- The remaining distance should be marked for the small section of the fence, it will be 2200- (50 + 810 + 50 + 50) = 1240 mm. But again, given the gap on each side of 30 mm, we get 1240-30 * 2 = 1180 mm. So, in order to assemble a small fence with our own hands, we will need 3 sections 2,040 mm wide, 1 section 1240 mm wide and a wicket 800 mm wide, well, the height of the fence can be assigned arbitrarily.
Gate and gate on a metal fence
- But for a sectional welded fence, it is not necessary to mount the fencing shield of the fence onto the posts - you can first assemble the frame from the profile, and then fix the fence pieces from the rods, and install forging elements between them. Instead of a metal profile, the concrete posts are very good on the fence supports, because they do not rust, and their mechanical strength is almost as good as metal.
Grid on brick supports
- No less practical are welded street fences, which are mounted on brick supports - such structures are very beautiful and have a long service life. The principle of installation of welded grids in this case remains the same - first the columns are installed, and then, taking into account the gaps between them, sections are made and fixed.
If the fence consists of metal sections, then it is advisable not to weld them in the spans, to fasten them onto the bolts. Thus, at any time you will be able to open any opening of the fence for household needs or repair.
Paint welded fences
Forge paint WS-Plast M 4200 AY
- In the photo, welded structures always look beautiful, because they are not noticeable scratches and sun-baked coating. But in order to preserve the effect of well-groomed in a real review, they use so-called “blacksmithing” paints, which are used not only for forgings, but also for any metal. This list includes acrylic paints, primers and patina for metal products.
- According to the RAL and DB catalogs, you can choose black and white, gray and chocolate colors, as well as their shades, for example, old white, emerald copper and so on. Graphite effect paints are the most popular. Remarkable is the fact that various patina effects have been developed, as well as the primary colors of gold, silver and copper, which makes it possible to decorate a semi-antique fence or railing.
- Before coating the paint, the metal is thoroughly cleaned of rust, scale and dirt, and in some cases it is desirable to treat it with white spirit to remove fat. After that, a layer of special (blacksmith) primer is applied, and painting occurs only after the ground has completely dried. If the instructions were followed during painting, then due to good adhesion of the coating the metal will be reliably protected from corrosion for a long time.
Welding fences can be not only made of profiles, fittings and rods, but also with forging elements or even be whole forged sections welded to the frame.
Naturally, the price of the latest constructions will be quite high compared to simple lattices, but at the same time the attractiveness of the fence increases. The most expensive are lattices with openwork forging, but even there, welding works are currently used during installation. In the presented video in this article you will find additional information on this topic (read also about the benefits of welded fencing Grand Line).