Simple and robust design
As a fairly practical and economical option of fencing, more and more often, a fence is offered from a profile pipe: you can make such a fence with your own hands with minimal financial costs, and the final result will be quite worthy.
In our article we will talk about how fences are made of shaped pipes, ranging from the selection of material and ending with the installation of the finished product.
General design information
Protruba as a material for fencing
The profile pipe is a product whose internal diameter differs from a round shape. The most common varieties include square, rectangular and oval products.
The use of this material in construction, and in particular, in the construction of fences, is quite common. This is due to the fact that due to the peculiarities of the configuration of the pipe, it has a much greater strength compared to a round pipe of the same diameter and thickness.
Pipes of different shapes and sections
Note! If you take two products with the same mechanical characteristics (first of all - bending strength), then the weight of the profile pipe will be about 30% less.
The range of these products is quite extensive. In industry are used:
- Thin-walled models with a wall thickness of 1.5 - 3 mm and a cross section of 25x25 mm. Most often, this material is used for the manufacture of furniture structures, as well as decorative elements and fencing.
- Models of medium size (thickness up to 4 mm, cross-section up to 100x100 mm). The most popular products that are used for a variety of purposes, ranging from the manufacture of beds for workbenches and ending with supporting posts for fences.
- Large-size pipes (wall thickness up to 8 mm, cross-section up to 200x200 mm). Basically, these brands of pipes are used for the construction of frameworks of buildings, as well as for the production of bases for large machines.
The scheme of the fence with brick supports
Profile pipes for fences most often have a wall thickness of about 3 mm, and a cross section of 40x40 or 50x50 mm. Approximately the same dimensions have pipes for intake from the profiled sheet, which are used as vertical supports.
Tip! Pipe for the fence of corrugated board, installed in a horizontal position and playing the role of lag, should have a smaller cross section, so that the load on the support and the weld is not so big.
Pros and cons of fences from proftruby
Fences from the pipe can be made using different technologies. The most common varieties include welded fences and fences, assembled according to a modular scheme.
But regardless of the type, such structures have significant advantages:
Combination of profile pipes with professional sheet
- First, metal welded fences are strong and durable. With proper foundation design and timely updating of the anti-corrosion coating, the fence can stand for decades without any signs of wear.
- Secondly, there is the possibility of combining materials. For example, the fence from the pipework can be installed on brick supports, or it can be supplemented with lining with professional sheets.
- Also, the advantages of such fences include the ability to install them in almost any span. Naturally, for this it is necessary to carefully measure and adjust the workpiece to the dimensions obtained - but, as a rule, this does not make much effort.
Computer model designs with decorative elements
High transparency of the fence can be considered both a plus and a minus. On the one hand, there is no shading of the plants growing near the border, and on the other, everything that happens outside the fence is visible.
Tip! If you do not want your yard to be “in full view” - sheathe the inside of the fence with translucent plastic sheet or sheet of plastic.
The appearance of the fence is also not very attractive. Artistic hedges made of bent pipes look quite beautiful, but their price is quite high.
Production of enclosing structures
Welded fence is more reliable and less expensive to manufacture than modular or sectional. In this case, the only difficulty that arises is the presence of the welding apparatus and skills to work with it.
If you have the device, and you have studied the technology of working with it, then you can proceed to the installation of the fence with your own hands:
- The first thing that needs to be done is to carefully align the blanks from which the fence will be made. This operation is mandatory, as in the factory hire there may be small deviations from the plane.
- Next, cut the workpiece in size and face.
- In parallel with this, we draw the appearance of our fence. Sketches of the profile pipe can be found on the net, or you can draw it yourself - this is how you like it.
- Next, we begin to produce section frames, welding the pipes, which will be located along the perimeter.
- Welded to the frame of thinner filling pipes, as well as decorative elements.
Photos of the welded joint after painting
Tip! To prevent the workpieces from moving relative to the plane, they should be pressed to each other with clamps.
After the necessary number of sections is made, you can begin to install them.
Ready sectional designs
An alternative to welded can serve as a sectional metal fence of shaped pipes. It is a prefabricated structure of prefabricated elements, which is purchased in finished form and mounted directly on the site.
The features of prefabricated structures include:
Sectional construction with filling with rabbits
- A variety of designs - you can choose from a fairly extensive catalog of products of varying complexity.
- Easy installation. As a rule, sectional fences are assembled with virtually no use of welding equipment, and special clamps are used to connect individual segments.
- Corrosion resistance. The modules are subjected to protective treatment in the factory, so they are highly resistant to moisture.
In most cases, sectional hedges assemble specialized installation crews. At the same time, if you want to do it yourself, then the site contains quite detailed video instructions.
However, to make sections or buy modules of industrial production is still only half the battle. A fence made of shaped pipes must be properly installed.
This is done like this:
- By marking, in accordance with the dimensions of the sections we have, we make holes for the installation of support pillars. The hole diameter should be 100 mm larger than the support section, and its depth depends on the characteristics of the soil. In dense soil, a meter is sufficient, and in loose soil - 1.5 m.
- In the hole we fall asleep about 30 cm of rubble and ram it.
- We install a pillar (or a thicker profiled pipe), pour some more rubble into the hole, and fill in the cement mortar. Fix the support with stretch marks.
- After the solution hardens, we install a section of our fence between the supports and weld them to them, having leveled beforehand. If the fence design provides for this, then instead of welding, you can use a special mount.
Installation of the section between the supports
- In some cases, decorative elements of a thin bent pipe are welded to the grille after the section is installed.
- Upon completion of all works, the fence must be protected from corrosion. For this place of welding we clean, degrease the metal, and then paint all the pipes.
Weld sections to support
Correctly chosen profile pipe for the fence, as well as compliance with the technology of welding and installation, are guarantees that the fence will be reliable and durable. That is why you should not hurry, and it is better to approach each stage as responsibly as possible (also read about the features of installing fences in suburban areas).