If there is material, then there is a solution for its use.
What is unedged board everyone knows. In the process of cutting logs sorted wood is the most unclaimed croaker - The extreme part of the log with a semi-circular or semi-cylindrical surface, which, although considered to be a consumable material, has been used for decorative and connecting purposes for a long time by prudent craftsmen. Next on this hierarchy is an unedged board, which has uneven bevelled edges, often with remnants of bark.
This material is used in three directions:
- For the manufacture of decorative fences;
- For the construction of walls in barns for various purposes;
- For sheathing outbuildings, sheds and even residential buildings.
We will highlight only one application of this material - the manufacture of decorative fences (for example, a chess fence).
The fence is not a house, but the principles of construction are the same.
Everything is for the house, however, the board in this case is edged.
Strange as it may sound, but the principles laid down in the construction of a house and a fence made of unedged boards are the same. Judge for yourself:
- For the construction of the house and the fence is used strip foundation (why tape, the conversation will go on);
- Installation of fencing boards can occur in the same sequence as when installing walls - witty;
- In any case, the board requires special impregnation from atmospheric influences, as well as from beetles of bark and rotting;
- It is desirable to cover the upper edge of the fence, as well as the walls of the house roof or shed;
- And most importantly - and the walls of the house, and the fences of unedged boards, you can safely build their own hands, but how, tell our instructions.
Fill the foundation
Whether the fence podgulyal, or a photographer.
Who would not speak, and the wooden fence refers to a heavy fence, and if you do not plan it as a temporary phenomenon, and do not use to enclose the construction site, then you will need a foundation.
It can be of two types:
- Nest point;
- Stationary tape.
Nest foundation can be used and, in principle, is applied quite successfully. It is considered more economical, but the wooden flooring, nevertheless, will survive.
So, the casting technology is as follows:
- After receiving the relevant information and making a decision about the possibility of installing a stationary fence in your area, we carry out marking on the ground. This is done very simply, one peg is driven in at one corner of the plot, and the second at the second, both connected by a rope. This will be the guide and marking line;
- Starting from a corner with a pitch of 2-3 meters, it is necessary to prepare the hole with a drill or a shovel;
Note! The pitch is determined by the length of the boards available. If you have all the boards at least 2.5 meters, then it makes no sense to set the pitch to 2 meters, and 3 you just will not work. There is a universal recommendation for the depth of the wells: the well should be one third deep from the height of the column.
- Further in the prepared holes are exposed channel. During installation and subsequent pouring, it is necessary to constantly observe the level vertical for the support itself and horizontal for the entire ensemble. Naturally, a single horizontal level is appropriate if the fenced area is rectangular;
- After installing and leveling the bearing columns, a mixture of rubble, sand and cement is poured into the well. At the same time, the ratio of ingredients is 3x1.5x1. That is, on 3 parts of mid-fraction crushed stone, we add 1.5 parts of sand and one part of cement grade M-400. Water is added until a homogeneous slurry is obtained, approximately half the amount of cement;
- Next, the bars are aligned once again and left to order. To concrete managed to grab and hold out.
Tip! The channel is a capital product; therefore, it is necessary to provide in advance for fixing the bar in the channel, for which it is necessary to drill from two or more holes for fastening the support bar. It is possible for this purpose to weld metal strips with ready-made holes to the channel. Variants are possible.
The tape is a solid construction, the century will surely stand.
Ribbon foundation is considered preferable. The fact is that the service life of such a foundation is very long, besides, if desired, a fence from another material can be constructed on the basis of this foundation. And although the price of this design will be higher, but the reliability is higher.
To install the strip footing you need to do:
- Dig a ditch under the foundation at least 20 cm wide and 40 cm deep. Dimensions may vary depending on the height of the fence, the use of additional materials, for example, in the manufacture of supports of brick. In this case, the foundation should be of such width that it would quietly place the planned superstructure;
- For bearing columns places are being prepared additionally. Familiar to us with a drill with a step known to us are making indentations in the earth to the same depth;
- Bars are installed in prepared wells and are interconnected. In this connection can be carried out by welding (the most convenient, reliable and simple form) and due to the garter wire or other clamps (simple, but unreliable). At this stage, reinforcement, remnants of metal pipes and other scrap metal are laid in the ditch to reinforce the entire structure. Well proven broken slate;
Note! The metal is not thrown into the ditch, but it is tied up under a single frame.
- Then formwork is installed. In this case, you can use the same unedged board, just bring it into the presentation after contact with concrete. The height of the formwork is determined more by the tastes and financial capabilities of the builder himself than by any norms. But for comparison, we take a landmark of 20 cm;
- And after that, we fill the mixture.
We build walls
И witty тоже интересно.
In this case, the options for installing unedged boards:
- Horizontal installation;
- Vertical installation;
- A separate view is considered horizontal installation overlap.
- With horizontal installation, everything is very simple. On the beams installed in the channel, boards are packed. Fixing boards possible nails and screws. Considering that the board has an uneven edge, then the slits on the reverse side can be quietly closed with the same unedged board, knocking it to an already installed structure as in the photo;
- Vertical design is not much more complicated. On the same bases above and below, guide boards are fixed or fixed with screws, to which fixing of the entire shield will take place. At the same time, the formed cracks can also be covered from the inside with the same unedged board;
- Horizontal installation overlap by type of siding. In this case, the bottom board is filled exactly, and the second and subsequent overlapping it, that is, at an angle.
Tip! With this type of board placement, it is preferable to use nails for fixing.
So it will not work, the treatment should be.
What can paint a wooden fence? The board is a board, so like any natural material has its enemies. This and various beetles of bark beetles and bacteria, and fungi. The service life of this popular material can and should be extended.
For these purposes, a special treatment is carried out, which can be divided into:
- And post-installation.
- At the first stage, the board is cleared of bark, sanded and impregnated with antiseptics and special primers against the action of biological agents;
- At the second stage, the wood is finished. For this well suited varnishes with stain, or separately stain and varnishes and paints for wood.
You can revive the design with flowers.
To prevent the accumulation of moisture, especially in spring and autumn, the posts and the upper edge of the wood can be covered with a small improvised canopy. This is certainly not a strictly mandatory event, but the appearance of the fence will certainly benefit from this.
Interesting design solutions can be implemented on these fences:
- First of all, it is coloring. Use the whole range of colors and the inner surface of the fence can be turned into a fabulous country for children;
- Secondly, the design of the fence itself makes it possible to install additional shelves, bird feeders, and ampelous flowers in the warm season, and you can also hang anything else on a wooden fence;
- Thirdly, internal corners can also be used for improvised pens for animals. And you can also find this fence and other economic use.
It is a decent appearance.
Even from unedged boards, you can create unique and functional products, watch the video, there the whole process is visualized (read also the article “Installing fences in suburban areas”).