Construction of a country house is always a set of sequential processes. First of all, you need to take care of the external components, and then you can move on to the internal space.
A very important point is that if a house is two-storied, then the question arises of what kind of staircase will be, how to frame it, what materials to use for this. In our article you can find all the necessary answers.
Beautiful and stylish staircase - half of the entire decorative part in the living room
What material is best
We will not list all sorts of materials that can be used for stair railings, below will be a list.
It describes the advantages of stainless steel, features and comparative characteristics with other materials.
This is one flight of stairs - its dimensions are important for the calculation of the fence
- First, steel railings are more durable than wood.. They have increased protection from moisture, temperature changes, mechanical shocks.
Note! Lovers of glass fencing - 8 mm, hardened glass spans, very strong, and yet with strong contact with a blunt or sharp object, they crack.
- Second, stainless steel railings are the easiest to install.. They require a minimum of tools and construction skills. What can be said about the combined and wooden railings.
- Third, steel is not demanding to maintain., it can be washed with anything, while the tree is afraid of moisture, and there are stains on the glass and dust is easily distinguished.
- Fourth, the price of steel fences is democratic - at least, it has an excellent combination with quality and reliability.
And, of course, it is worth saying about the attractive appearance that the chrome handrails possess. They easily fit into any interior, and if desired, you can use the combined materials.
If you decide to build a stainless steel railing with your own hands, you should purchase the following items:
- The design of the supports is welded, designed for railing.
- Assembled elements of fastening handrails to the rack. The number of mounts can be different: from two to five.
- Fasteners and hardware.
Note! For fastening racks with railings it is best to use rivets, this fastener is reliable, strong and durable.
Recommendations before installation
Before you fix the staircase fence, you must familiarize yourself with the features of this product:
- There are several types of steel, most often using 201 and 304. The difference of these models in the structure, for example, 201 steel is the cheapest, suitable only for premises. A 304 can be installed on the street, heavy rain is not bad for her.
- Consider also the features of various textures, for example, polished chrome is easily contaminated, it leaves traces of hands. Matte surface is not so attractive, but it does not require daily care.
- An important point is the weight of the whole structure. It is necessary to accurately calculate it and add up with the weight of the ladder itself so as not to overload.
- The distance between the posts should be at least 150 cm; in families where there are children, it is better to reduce it to 120 cm.
The number of connecting rods you adjust yourself
- From the very beginning, identify those steps where the stands will be located. To do this, divide the total number of steps so that the racks are the same distance.
Note! Almost always, the railing begins with the floor, but if the first step is much higher than the rest, then the beginning of the fence is better to transfer to it. And the last rack of one march and the first of the other is better placed on the same level.
- After calculation, proceed to the installation of the first and the last rack. To do this, use a screwdriver, if the steps are wooden, or a drill, if the surface is for fastenings made of metal or concrete (see also the article Metal fencing of balconies, stairs and terraces in apartments and country houses). The work process must be accompanied by a building level to avoid deviations.
- Now that you have a beginning and an end, you can attach a handrail to them. Use some kind of adhesive tape to do this so that after final marking it can be easily removed.
Try to stick to the same indentation everywhere, at a minimum, it is noticeable and ugly.
Tip! Stretch the string between the uprights so that you have the perfect smooth line for the next uprights.
- The next step is the layout and installation of racks on the other steps. Pre-handrail must be removed.
For low stairs use wide spans to save on building materials.
- When all the racks are installed, you can re-fix the handrail, just no longer using any adhesive tapes for fastening. To do this, you will need a riveter that allows you to securely fasten all the elements of the fence. Look at the photo, what this tool looks like.
Professional tool will help you to do all the work at the highest level.
Note! In the joints, you can use a special glue that provides a secure fit and visually imperceptible.
One more important moment - connecting rings are required to be established before all fixing processes are performed. Otherwise, then they will not have the opportunity to fix them.
Actually, this can be completed, the above instructions for installing stair railings allows you to do all the work yourself. And if you have any questions, or if you have doubts, be sure to check out the video in this article. In it you will find many useful tips and lessons.
Marching platforms and steel fences in a country house, of course, differ from the stairs in administrative buildings, but the rules for installation and operation of these types are the same (see also the article Forged fences for stairs, their types and advantages). In both cases, the railing is required to reduce the traumatic areas in the premises. As for what features should have a fire escape, then it is better to consult with experts.