Colored cinder block fence
Before our eyes there is a sharp jump in building technologies and the growth of the variety of building materials. For example, the foundation for a fence made of cinder block or, in general, the entire fence of such elements was not very often met very often, but now it is far from uncommon. We suggest you consider the benefits of using such a product.
Efficiency of cinder blocks
Decorative cinder block for colored fences, different sizes
Such a stone is made by vibratory pressing or natural shrinkage of the slag concrete solution, with dimensions of 200x200x400 mm or less, although there may be exceptions in some cases. Slag plays the role of a filler in this material, and cement is used as a binder, therefore, in view of its ease of manufacture, such a product can be made not only in production, but also at home. Its price will mainly depend on the size and configuration (plain and decorative) of the cinder block.
Of course, now there are materials such as aerated concrete or foam concrete, but they are not so popular because they have not yet passed the test of time, because most people are accustomed to believing their eyes, not engineering calculations. In addition, the cinder block can be chipped and torn, which contributes to the variety of decorative finishing of structures made of such a stone. Below, we will more specifically consider the parameters of this material and methods for calculating it for laying (learn also about the advantages of a chess fence).
Technical parameters of cinder block
Slag block mixed with metal
- To begin with, let's pay attention to the density of the cinder block, which implies the ratio of the volume to the mass, including all the voids and pores of the material and compare it with the silicate brick we know. So, the density of ordinary silicate is from 1600 to 1900 kg / m3 with thermal conductivity from 0.51 to 0.8W / m2, and a hollow or effective brick, respectively, from 1000 to 1450kg / m3 and from 0.32 to 0, 39W / m2. In cinder block, the density is from 1000 to 1300 kg / m3 with thermal conductivity from 0.4 to 0.45 W / m2.
Council Given the parameters of thermal conductivity and density of this material, you can do not only fences from the cinder block, but also to build residential and utility rooms. It is not uncommon for a large residential building to be built from such bricks.
- Other important characteristics for a block building material are its flexural and compressive strength. Such a parameter is embedded in the marking of cinder blocks and reflects the load that a stone can withstand per square centimeter, for example, grade 75 will mean that the material can withstand 75kg / cm2and mark 100 respectively 100kg / cm2. Depending on the designed structure, the possible load will be determined, that is, this is the number of floors of the building, the type of floors, the purpose of the rooms, and so on (see also the article “Making a sectional fence from the Rabitsa grid”).
Resistance to frost is an important factor for building material
- If you decide to build a slag-concrete fence with your own hands, then you will certainly be interested in such a parameter as frost resistance or the ability of a stone to withstand a long cycle of periodic freezing and thawing without any deformation and defects. Consider that the main problem of all porous materials is the ingress of water into the material and its freezing, because at negative temperatures the liquid expands, which entails the destruction of the shell.
Slag stone texture
- The quality of this parameter depends on the texture of the cinder block. (see photo above), that is, on the number and width of pores in the body of the material. So, the figure of frost resistance in the marking of a stone indicates the number of cycles of freezing and thawing of water until the loss of 5% of the mass of stone or 25% of its stable strength. Often there is the number 100, denoting 100 cycles of change in the state of moisture in the body of the cinder block.
- You can also pay attention to the ability of the material to absorb water or in other words water absorption. If the silicate brick has this figure of 6: by weight, then the cinder block has 9%, that is, 6g and, respectively, 9g of moisture is allowed to weigh 1 kg of weight. This is important because the filling of pores increases the density and thermal conductivity of the material, as well as reduces its strength and service life - such calculations contain instructions that accompany the packing of blocks from the manufacturer.
Decorative cinder block fence
- Let's try to calculate the intake cinder block for 1m2 fencing and for this we take the M75F25 cinder block with an average price of 25 rubles and a silicate brick of the same brand with an average cost of 5 rubles (M is the amount of kg / m2, and F - frost resistance or the number of freeze-thaw cycles). The size of this cinder block is 390x190x190 mm, and the silicate with the same marking, respectively, is 250x120x65 mm.
- If you make a powerful fence in a whole stone or 390 mm, then for 1m2 such a fence you will need 25 units of cinder block that will cost 25stones*25rub=625rub. To this amount, add the consumption of cement mortar with an estimated cost of 1500rub / m3 and if we have to 0, 042m3, then 0.042 * 1500 = 63rub. The total cost you get 625 + 63 = 688rub.
- If the fence with a thickness of 380 mm (one and a half stones) is made of brick M75F25 at the price of 5 rubles, then we will need the solution 0.089 m3 worth 133.5 rub. Silicate will take 150 pieces, respectively, 125 * 5 = 625 rubles. The total cost will be 625 + 133.5 = 758.5 rub.
Council As can be seen from simple calculations, a brick is more expensive than slag stone, and the brickwork itself will take more time. So the conclusion is clear.
In order to evaluate the advantage of a slag stone fence over a silicate brick, watch the video clip on this page. But, nevertheless, in addition to the aesthetic calculations, there are figures that speak for themselves (learn also about how to make a fence from the chain-link net on your own).