Fences made in the form of a lattice are used in modern construction quite often. Many design projects include them in landscaping in order to isolate the territory, but at the same time leave the possibility of observing everything happening outside the perimeter so that passersby can appreciate the beauty of the building, garden or landscape. In addition, the fence grille itself can have a very attractive appearance that can give a certain personality to even the most ordinary section.
A wrought-iron slatted type fencing installed on a brick base
Types of lattice fencing
Originally, fences of this type were made of wood and ordinary iron. Recently, however, several types of building material have appeared, which have diversified the types of manufacturing of such structures.
These types of fencing can not provide great protection against penetration, because they are not strong enough (see also the article Plastic mesh for the fence - an alternative to the usual materials).
However, the plastic intake grille has a relatively low price and a very good appearance.
- It is well tolerated by any weather conditions, ranging from severe frosts and ending in direct sunlight in the heat.
- Such fences do not require periodic maintenance and can be considered practically eternal.
- Plastic lattice fences are quite simple to install and with the use of additional elements, and installing it turns into an assembly of an elementary designer.
- Separately, it is worth noting a large variety of shapes and colors that have all the details of the fence. This allows you to create a completely unique design that can compete in appearance even with metal products.
Tip! When choosing a fence of this type, it is necessary to remember that it is not a reliable protection against penetration, but acts as a decorative ornament that visually divides the territory.
Fencing made of structural steel with the addition of a metal profile
Usually metal fence gratings are made of structural steel (see also the article Fence made of welded mesh - today we are not talking about a chain-link).
To do this, use either conventional reinforcement with a pipe, or a special profile.
- This material is connected by welding, and therefore requires some processing to protect against rust.
- Such designs need periodic maintenance and constant updating of the appearance with paint.
- It should be noted that the reliability of such fencing is quite high. However, if you make a fence-grid with your own hands, you must take into account the softness of the selected material, reinforcing it with stiffening ribs or jumpers on too long sections.
- The main disadvantage of this design is that it is necessary to use a welding machine to work with it, and among the advantages one can note the low price of the final product, considering that it is made of metal.
Tip! If you want to save on the material, you can make purchases on the bases of recyclables, where you can always find the metal of the required length, at a decent price.
Wrought-iron lattice fence, followed by installation on a brick base
Practically all the fences and fences made by the forging method have a good appearance and excellent strength (see also the article Forged fences: sketches, designs and manufacturing).
They not only provide reliable protection, but look great on the site, indicating to others the status of the owner.
- The main advantage of such fencing is their beauty. Some types of such blacksmith products can be classified as real works of art.
- The strength and reliability of such fences can compete even with masonry, and various additional elements, in the form of spikes or stylized spikes, can protect the territory from penetration through the structure.
- However, it is worth noting that the price of such products is very high, both in terms of material and work.
- Also, such fences need specific care, in the form of periodic tinting and treatment with special compounds.
- All fences and gratings made by the blacksmith's method are quite heavy. Therefore, they need a solid and massive foundation with additional concreting of the pillars.
Tip! The less decorative elements on the forged fence, the cheaper it will cost. Therefore, with the right approach to design, you can get a good forge fence for relatively little money.
Concrete section lattice type
Sectional concrete structures
This type of material in recent times quite often can be seen on various photos. It is very popular with modern builders, due to the ease of installation and low price.
It is made of concrete, which is poured into special forms in the form of gratings.
- This material has proven itself in all weather conditions.
- It has a great appearance and looks great when using different dyes.
- Also, these sections can be installed by hand without special skills and knowledge in the field of construction.
Tip! This type of fence can be considered optimal in terms of price and quality. However, the purchase must be carefully monitored so that there are no cracks or other defects on the material.
Painted concrete section
After reviewing the proposed video, we can conclude that, for security reasons, metal and concrete structures occupy leading positions. If approached from the side of practicality, the plastic fencing can be considered the best and durable. That is why, before making a choice, it is necessary to evaluate not only the physical properties of the material, but also the need for those in a particular construction site.