The fence is often erected even before the construction of the house begins. It allows you to delineate the boundaries of the site, to protect the access of strangers to building materials, to protect themselves from prying eyes. You can make such a fence with your own hands or order its construction to specialists.
If you choose the first option, our tips will help you quickly and easily cope with this task.
Choose the appropriate option
To begin with, you should decide on the construction of the erected fence and choose the one that will suit you according to such parameters as appearance, cost, speed of construction, durability. If the fence is temporary, built only during the construction and improvement of the site, then the first and last parameters are not so important.
- Wooden fence. Its main advantage is low cost. Appearance depends on the quality of the material used. This can be a beautiful smooth picket fence or a raw unedged board (for temporary construction). In any case, such a fence is easy to do with your own hands in a fairly short time.
- A fence from a chain-link grid. It is assembled very quickly, it is distinguished by its durability and reliability, but it will not be possible to hide from such a fence from prying eyes.
- Fence from the profiled sheet. Possessing all the advantages of the previous construction, such a fence can also look very attractive, and reliably cover the area from curious passersby.
- Concrete fence In the presence of special equipment or a large number of assistants, such a fence can also be assembled in a very short time. But you can’t call this option temporary - the structure is monumental and rather expensive.
- Brick fence. The most worthy and durable option. But it is unlikely that you will be engaged in its construction by yourself.
- Slate fence - non-standard use of standard material.
- Wicker fenceFor example, from the vine.
After analyzing the listed options, we decided to choose for a detailed description of a wooden fence and a fence from a professional sheet - as the most accessible for self-assembly.
How to build a fence
- Mark the perimeter of the site for the installation of pillars. The distance between them should be no more than 2.5 m. Dig holes for each pole not less than a meter deep.
Preparing to install pillars
Council To all the supports were on the same level, install the pillars at the corners of the section and stretch the cord between them.
- Fix the supports, putting them on the level and well tamped around the ground.
- Connect the pillars along the top and bottom with parallel horizontal crossbars. They can be nailed or fastened with screws.
- On the received crate tack picket: close to each other or with gaps.
Installing a picket fence with a gap
Council If the fence performs a temporary function, you can simply nail on the supports with a slab or other waste wood.
- Paint the fence.
Professional fence fence
The marking for such a fence is performed similarly to the previous version, but as supports it is better to use not wooden poles, but metal pipes with a diameter of at least 50 mm.
Further work sequence is as follows:
- For the stability of the supports, make holes for them with the help of a drill to a depth of 1-1.5 m. At the bottom fill gravel, tamp it. Put supports and fill them with concrete mixture, pre-aligned vertically.
Using a drill reduces the consumption of concrete mix
- When the concrete hardens, weld a pipe or metal corners to the supports. The distance between them should be less than or equal to the height of the professional sheet.
- Fix the sheets with metal screws or special rivets. Fastening is carried out through a single wave.
Making a fence with your own hands is not as difficult as it seems. We have described only the two most accessible options, but you can choose any other, study the instructions for its manufacture and boldly get down to business.