Elements of the frame need not only to choose the right, but also to install
One of the key questions leading to the success of the construction of the fence - how to install the columns for the fence of corrugated board as efficiently as possible? In our article we will try not only to describe the technology in detail, but also to provide recommendations on the choice of frame elements for such a fence.
Frame elements for a hedge from a professional leaf
Supporting structure for the fence
One of the advantages of corrugated fences is that such fences can be made with your own hands. The technology of their construction is quite simple, and therefore, having studied the recommendations and watching the video, almost any master can cope with the construction of a small fence.
The basis of such a fence is a special supporting structure. It includes the following details:
- The main supporting elements. They are installed in the corners of the fenced area, as well as on the sides of the gate. As a rule, the angular or portal support column for the fence of corrugated flooring is thicker as it experiences an increased load.
- Intermediate support elements. In order to save them, they are made more subtle, since they are less susceptible to deformation.
- Braces. Sometimes they are used for leveling the supports, especially if the characteristics of the soil do not allow to perform concreting with proper efficiency.
- Horizontal lags. They are made either from wooden bars, or from a profile pipe with a section of 30x30 or 20x40 mm.
All elements of the supporting structure are rigidly interconnected. In the overwhelming majority of cases, welding is used for this, however, it is possible to install the frame with the help of mechanical connectors.
The modern building materials market offers us supports of various types. Below we will tell you what pillars are needed for corrugated fence.
The most common type of support for the fences of profiled steel sheet are metal products:
- As a rule, the support is made of a piece of thick-walled round or (better) profiled pipe. The thickness of the metal must be not less than 2 mm, and for high fences - up to 3 mm.
Profile pipe 80x80 or 100x100 mm - one of the best options
Note! Given that the price of round and shaped pipes is approximately the same, the latter are characterized by greater mechanical strength. And the frame of rectangular parts looks more neat.
- The length of the part depends on the height of the fence. As a rule, the underground part of the support is made one and a half meters. However, in dense soils, sometimes it is enough to penetrate 1 meter.
- To avoid corrosion, the metal is subjected to special treatment. The upper part of the frame with the time you need to update, processing the paint on the metal for outdoor work.
In situations where savings come to the fore (for example, we make a temporary fence), instead of metal pipes you can use wooden poles:
- Wooden supports are inferior to metal for durability, because it is worth using bars with a large cross section.
- The best wood species for the manufacture of frame elements are conifers - spruce, pine, and sometimes cedar. The wood should be smooth, without large knots, delaminations, cracks, etc.
- Props before installing must be treated with antiseptic. The lower part, which will be in the ground, lubricates water-repellent mastic.
Installation of a wooden bar
An alternative to wood or metal is the use of concrete structures manufactured by the factory:
Decorative concrete supports
- The structure of such a pillar includes cement, building rubble and sifted sand.
- As a rule, the pillar itself is divided into two sections. The bottom one, embedded in the ground, has a monolithic structure, and is manufactured with a length of 0.8 - 1.2 m.
- The upper part is made either with special slots or with metal mortgages for fixing the lag.
The fence made of corrugated concrete with concrete pillars has good mechanical characteristics. In addition, due to the stiffness of the concrete supporting structure, the deformation of the sheathing under the influence of windage is reduced.
In some cases, the supporting structure is also made from brick, or from the combination “round pipe + brickwork”. This option is acceptable and mechanical properties, and in appearance, but the erection of the fence of corrugated brick pillars requires serious work.
Fence on a brick frame
The installation of supports
When suitable supports are selected, it is necessary to install them. And here the simplest, and at the same time reliable construction is a fence made of corrugated concrete with concreting pillars.
Note! In some cases it is allowed to install a base for a hedge without concreting, however, the reliability of such a system is highly questionable. Therefore, it is worth saving on concrete only in case of installation of a temporary fence.
Here is a guideline describing the basic steps for installing the framework:
- Getting started with marking the territory. On the ground with measured cords, we "beat off" the perimeter, which must be protected, and proceed to drawing marks for the installation of pillars.
- The optimal distance between the columns of the fence of corrugated is 3 meters. This is due to the fact that the profile pipe used for mounting horizontal lags has a length of 6m, and when designing three-meter spans it is easiest to dock logs.
- At certain points, using a special manual or electric drill (pictured), we make holes. The diameter of the socket must be at least 100 mm larger than the diameter of the support.
Tip! When mounting a fence of fairly thin pipes, you can use auger fishing ice drill. But with the sharpening of knives at the same time have to say goodbye - keep in mind!
Using a drill
- In the drilled hole we fall asleep gravel. The gravel pad is compacted with a pole with a flat nozzle.
- We install the support and align it with the level and plumb.
Everything is ready for the grouting!
- We pour gravel into the hole approximately to the middle of the pillar, and then pour the cement mortar.
- Fix the post with the help of boards or special braces. After complete solidification of the solution, we remove the fixation and proceed to welding the lag.
Correct installation of pillars for the fence of corrugated flooring is an indispensable condition to ensure the strength and durability of the entire structure. So at this stage you should not hurry, because it is better to spend a little more time now than in a few years to redo the entire fence (read other articles on the topic “How to make a fence from a professional sheet?”).