Of the existing materials used for the construction of fences, aluminum is considered the most practical and optimal for many factors. It not only allows you to secure the stairs, but also gives it a stylish look. In more detail about the advantages of this material and about what aluminum fences are used for, we'll talk in this article.
Aluminum is a modern material that is considered the most practical among all known
Positive qualities of aluminum
- First, it is worth noting durability aluminum railings and fences. It is associated with two factors: the life and appearance. That is, we can safely say that aluminum railings will last for several years without changing: the color will remain saturated.
- Secondly, the material is inherent strength. This suggests that aluminum easily tolerates various atmospheric effects. To achieve this result, manufacturers use anodized coating that protects the railing surface even in the most severe frosts. Strength is manifested in various mechanical damage.
Note! Anodized coating also cope with protection against corrosion and ultraviolet rays, keeping the fence in its original form.
- Thirdly, aluminum contains no harmful substancesthat could stand out over time. This is perhaps the most important advantage, because many other materials under the influence of light, temperature and time begin to disrupt the "ecological balance".
- Fourth, aluminum fencing do not require special care, they do not need anything to process to extend the life. The material is tolerant to various detergents, in particular, to coarse powdered products.
Note! Polishing and grinding processes are foreign to aluminum.
- Fifth, aluminum railings and railing have several variations of shadesthat are easy to match for any style of the room or surrounding objects. So, for example, you can choose: chrome, gold, bronze, nickel or shades of decorative tree species (look at the photo).
Gold handrails fit perfectly into the interior and blend in with a cream shade.
- Sixth, it would be wrong not to say about the cost of this material. At first it may seem that the price of aluminum is too high, but comparing all the above described advantages of railings and fences, one conclusion suggests itself - it is justified. At least it fits perfectly with the quality of the product.
- Seventh, Aluminum is considered to be a highly plastic material.that allows you to give it absolutely any form. This advantage further expands the boundaries of use of the material, allowing it to be installed on spiral staircases.
- Eighth, can not be said about aluminum lightnesswhich is not possessed by any other material used as a fence. This allows transportation and installation without any difficulties and additional investments.
Available Railing Mounts
Aluminum fencing can be fixed in various ways:
- Railing mounted on the wall. This method is suitable for cases where the staircase has walls as a fence. Railing necessary to make it easier to climb or descend.
The railing is mounted on the wall, with additional vertical handrails.
- Fence mounting on the steps. Balusters - racks for railings, mounted on the edge of the step. It is very important that the end of the fence is fixed with the wall, otherwise it is likely that the fastening of the railing on the steps will become loose with time. Also important is the strength of the steps themselves, which increase the load with this method of attachment.
- Lateral fastening of the railing is considered to be the most reliable, the main load is carried out on the beam (flight of stairs). However, there is one drawback - this option is considered the most expensive and time-consuming.
Installation of aluminum fencing
This section describes a do-it-yourself handrail installation instruction. Consider the example of mounting the fence on the steps.
- Initially, it is necessary to make the layout of the staircase in those places where balusters will be installed.
Note! For increased reliability, do not use a step between racks of more than 2 steps.
- In the marked places, a hole with a diameter of 18 mm and a depth of 100 mm should be made.
- After all the steps are drilled, you should fill them with a special two-component glue and insert an anchor in them.
- All the anchors are scrolled so that they are securely fixed, after which we put a rack-baluster on them.
- It is necessary to make 2-3 holes on opposite sides. They are useful for adjusting and final fastening the railing.
- Dress the flange over the top edge of the stand.
- At the upper end of the baluster fasten the hinge for the handrail.
Variety of hinge for aluminum and steel handrails
- We put the handrail on the fence and adjust the rack height.
- After adjustment, it is necessary to fix the counters with self-tapping screws, and grease the flange with silicone sealant and press it to the stage.
- The handrail is fastened with screws through the hinges.
The figure shows what the rack and anchor assembly looks like.
In case the staircase consists of several marches, turning elements are used to connect the handrails. They are of two types: at 90 degrees and at 135 degrees.
Tip! For a more accurate installation of aluminum fences, use a laser level. It will help to avoid irregularities when mounting the racks, thereby increasing the reliability of the stair railing.
The scope of aluminum railings is quite wide. They are used both for private construction: in the country, in country houses, in multi-level apartments, and for administrative buildings. And due to its qualities, such fences can be found on the streets: in parks, near entrances, on the territory of kindergartens and schools.
As you can see, aluminum fences are used not only for stairs and balconies
Regarding the installation process, there is a special video in this article, in which you will find a lot of useful information and tips on this topic.