What are the best doors laminated or veneered, this question interests a lot of people. In this matter, you must first decide what is the difference between veneered doors and laminated doors, on the basis of this, to make a decision.
It still depends on taste, because the design of structures is different. To get started, you should look at photos and videos and choose the design you want. The installation of any of them is not so complicated and almost the same, everything is done with your own hands and you should not worry about this item.
Choosing a door
Recently, the Russian market has been supplemented with interior doors that have synthetic coating elements. What is better veneered or laminated doors can be determined only when you know what it is.
- The first models of the doors were covered with the help of melamine paper, the technology of which was shared by the furniture industry. Due to a very small thickness of only 0.2 mm, the material is applicable to cover profiles that have a large curvature. This coating was characterized by the likelihood of texture and natural color, not different from wood. The negative aspect was that the coating was distinguished by an unimportant adhesion with the base, was unimportantly cleaned, and was often covered with cracks in certain areas that had a curvature.
- Soon the melamine paper was replaced by a material (newly come from the furniture industry) - 2-chrome laminate. It had a somewhat greater thickness (from 0.4 to 0.8 mm), was distinguished by resistance to mechanical stress, and was also characterized by improved aesthetic characteristics, which in sum determined its consumer popularity.
- Most of the products sold in our country have a coating of laminate. It is applied to the main surface with the use of cold sticking technology, which makes it possible to glue laminatin strips of different finishes to the door elements.
- Today, top manufacturers of laminated doors carry out various experiments, the ultimate goal of which is to find more attractive solutions to improve the exterior of products.
- Modern technologies make it possible to reach new heights in four-color printing, thanks to which laminatine becomes a progressive coating (there is no official name yet), with a color identical to natural veneer and having improved resistance to mechanical stress. Will laminate get widespread popularity with consumers, while it is too early to judge.
Next, it makes sense to consider in more detail the advantages and disadvantages of both laminatin and veneer, so that it would be easier for each buyer to determine for himself the feasibility of using a particular material.
The advantages and disadvantages of veneer and laminate
Let's see what can attract in each of these materials.
|Veneer virtues|| |
|Veneer flaws|| |
Let's now consider what can attract in this material.
|The advantages of laminate|| |
|The disadvantages of laminate|| |
Summing up the comparative result
Now, after the analysis, it is possible to summarize and determine which doors are better laminated or veneered (see Veneered doors: what it is and how it is done).
Laminated panels are based on a rigid frame of low-cost wood species, which is sheathed with MDF sheets.
A lamination layer is applied to such a surface, which can be:
This batch of doors is characterized by the identity of the texture and color shade. This fact may not be relevant for the veneered product.
Natural wood material of valuable species, distinguished by the thinnest cut, takes part in the creation of veneer. In this embodiment, the manufacturer can achieve uniqueness in texture and color shade in each product. For example, if it is a cut of an oak, then it looks like one hundred percent matching.
In case of damage to the veneered door, the restoration can be made without any special difficulties:
- To do this, the lacquer coating is removed from the damaged panel, the area to be restored is ground (see the Old door and its step-by-step restoration), and the varnishing is performed anew. That is, serious financial costs do not threaten the owner of the veneered interior door that has damage.
- But if this kind of damage overtook the laminated door, then the restoration of the product is no longer possible.
If we compare two variants of a single product, it is easy to see that the cost of the veneered door will be 30-60% higher than the laminated counterpart.
Attention: The justification for this is the longer lifetime of the veneered product in comparison with a competitor. The fact that products covered with veneer for a long time retain their properties in rooms with normal temperature and moderate humidity of the ambient air cannot be neglected.
- Installation of laminated doors with success is suitable for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Today, modern manufacturers have taken measures to produce moisture resistant veneered doors. These models are not in great demand in the domestic market, due to the high prices.
Attention: If you look at the root, the veneer is a natural material, but laminatin is not. Therefore, those customers who appreciate the natural origin of the product, originality and exclusivity, more suitable veneered canvas.
Now you can decide which doors are better veneered or laminated. The instruction is, the price too. Here, perhaps the important point is the place of installation. So you decide and you can make the right choice.