Manufacturing sliding doors in recent times is gaining momentum. This model is quite popular for many reasons. This is especially true for large rooms.
How to make a sliding door with their own hands, we today and consider. Although it is impossible to say what to do completely independently.
All nodes will be easier and cheaper to purchase in retail networks and then simply assemble at home. But you need to make the right choice, because there are several types of this design. On the video in this article and photos you can choose the desired option.
Doors sliding or small secrets wizard
The use of sliding doors creates an unusual and interesting interior of our housing. The implementation of this solution allows you to correctly use the living space. Talking about how to make sliding doors with his own hands, it is necessary to understand that there is nothing complicated about it.
You need a little understanding of the very work of making and have little skills with tools. Initially, you need to select the desired design option and after that, pick up all the nodes for it. There are even hidden options.
In the gallery you can choose the desired option:
Going to the store for all the necessary components, it is advisable to make simple measurements using a tape measure, height-L and width –H of the existing door leaf.
The typical size of the height -L is usually 2 m, and the width –H can vary from 0.6 to 0.8 m. With this data, you can already purchase the following necessary components.
|Roller mechanism for sliding doors with your own hands, no doubt you can do. But its price is not big and it will be easier to buy it in finished form. |
Without it, these doors do not work. Of course, you can rely on the seller-consultant who will assist in the selection of the necessary mechanism after you specify your measurements L and H. The minimum that you need to know is that the length of the mechanism should be two sizes more than the size of the door leaf.
Not scary, if there is no specific size, you can take a mechanism with a small margin in length, which can be easily cut off.
|This is a different do-it-yourself hardware for sliding doors, jewelery, latches and locks.|
All this, enough already, to rework an ordinary swing door into an individual sliding beauty. But if you do, then do thorough and high quality.
- We are thinking about a new box for the door (we use a conventional rail, the size of which is equal to the width of the brickwork of the doorway and 5m long), a bar that covers the sliding system, building foam, platbands, fixing dowels and anchor-fixation rail, for doors equipped with closing device (lock).
- We are thinking about a new door leaf - in the aggregate, all this will turn out to create a luxurious doorway.
You can choose and buy all this to your taste, both in building materials stores and in specialized markets.
Essentially - typical difference in movement - opening and closing
The device of sliding doors can be fundamentally different, not only by the mechanism of movement, but also by its design. They are divided by type of opening and closing into three types:
Coupe - moving along the wall
This type of door design is similar to that of door linens installed in a train compartment, the opening is carried out parallel to the canvas, and not perpendicularly.
- The opening process is facilitated by means of an installed bearing assembly, in addition to the web, it can be locked in the desired position using a locking device.
- Moving the blade along the rail is carried out with the help of rollers installed in the lower and upper part of the doorway (see Installing the interior doors of the compartment with your hands - how to do it).
- The use of this type of door will have a small plus in comparison with the doors opening to the open, in view of the fact that opening the canvas, it does not occupy the useful squares of our space.
A great option for the average rooms of the past era.
In this type there is a similarity on the compartment door, a case for a sliding door is used, but it has one distinctive feature that gives it a touch of practicality in comparison with others.
- The difference is that when you open the door, the canvas comes in and hides in the niche of the wall partition.
- This option is a bit significant in cost and has a relatively complex device, but its advantage is that the canvas is not visible when the door is open, thus there is no visual distortion of the interior, the closer is installed on the leading profile.
This type is divided into two subtypes "harmonica" and "book".
|Garmochka||The folding door of the accordion is an integral one; there are from 10 or more sections (panels) that, when opened or closed, are assembled according to the blind principle. Sections of this type of doors are assembled from elements made in various versions (an array of ordinary glass, colored, tinted, with the presence of stained glass). |
A wide range of materials for decoration and the panels themselves, allow you to enter the original door to any room of your home with a refined interior.
|«Booklets»||Distantly similar to the harmonica, but only remotely. In these doors, the dial panels in the kit are smaller, which makes them advantageous from the point of view of convenience and practicality, since the sections practically do not leave the guide rail of the profile, they save space. |
Comparing in the price range with an accordion, books a little more expensive. The standard package of such doors includes a pair of profiles, hinges, a rubber cushion, a retainer, and roller assemblies.
Rollback mechanisms for sliding doors
Rollers for sliding doors are sliding mechanisms from the point of view of engineering mechanics - these are the mechanisms by which the door opens (moves). In view of this, the sliding webs differ from each other in the species method of displacement systems.
- The system of conditionally open view of sliding doors is a guide panel, which is mainly made of steel alloys. Fastening is carried out by installing on the wall with dowels or liquid nails, and does not need to install additional parts on top of it. In this type of rail clamps fixed point on the wall or ceiling.
- The system of conditionally-closed doors are often made of aluminum alloys, followed by cover with decorating panels, to fit into any project designer.
- Sometimes, conditionally-closed systems are modified, in order to simplify the discovery and add extra functionality and aesthetics. One example of this modification is that the web is moved along the internal surface of the profile, while hiding all the flaws from the outside is achieved.
The main parameters of interior sliding doors
|Sash||Both ordinary hinged and interior sliding doors can be double doors. From the point of view of operation, double doors look advantageous, as they practically do not break. |
Installation of these doors is advisable to carry out where there is a large number of people and allows a large doorway (see Installing sliding interior doors - a new approach in the planning of housing).
|The size of the canvas||For those who are looking for an ordinary sliding door for a room, interior doors, made and corresponding to GOST, are suitable and relatively inexpensive. |
But, if this option is not suitable, because of the existing large doorway, you will have to choose from a meager selection of models available for sale or become an artist and order a complete set of two canvases. Specialists will make for every taste, in accordance with the rules and regulations.
|Width||With wide linens, interior doors are usually installed with a high content of stained glass or mirrors. This gives a positive visual distortion of the small volume of the room and the lighting. |
This effect has a positive effect on the overall interior of the created corner of tranquility.
|High interior doors||Connoisseurs of large aristocratic sizes or the hostages of the height of their doorways that do not meet the rules and regulations, the way out will be to install models with various transoms. |
There is a variety of materials for the production of paintings, as a rule, a classic, is a solid array. Consumers with a limited budget are offered an option that is not inferior in quality - mostly variations with veneer cladding.
We make sliding doors by ourselves
A sliding door into the wall with their hands placed in a certain order. Change the sequence is not worth it, because each subsequent is done on the basis of the previous installation.
Any action begins with the preparatory operations of the tool - you need an angle grinder, a household milling cutter, a screwdriver, an ordinary hammer, a screwdriver and a chisel. The choice of working tool will be yours. In short, the logic of preparation of the web can be described as follows.
- We make guides for sliding doors. They must be in the same axis.
- Now, with an improvised tool, we cut a notch with a width of 0.3 cm, along the center of the axis, the lower end surface of the door — thanks to it, the lower guide bar prevents the blade from wobble when opening and closing, in parallel providing fixation as an emphasis. How to do this will depend on the tool at hand. We take the package with the set of the rollback mechanism and open it, in the usual configuration there is a pair of plastic rollers and the same number of brackets.
- First of all, we assemble the roller assembly, through the existing holes, for fastening with the help of two nuts with washers. Then we put the assembled roller units to the upper end plane of the door leaf, mark the installation locations of the brackets for the required distance between themselves and a pencil, tracing them around the contour, then using the tool we make a selection for sweat in the canvas with a depth equal to the size of the metal from which the brackets are made.
- Next, with screws, we fasten roller units in the prepared sockets (potayah) to the canvas. But, if there is only a blunt chisel and a huge hammer at hand from the available tool, then it is advisable to do without cutting the grooves under the brackets - it is better to fasten the cloth with the screws on top, the external appearance of the doors will suffer less from these actions. But, of course, if you are a connoisseur of manual bulky work and you have golden hands, then torment!
- The second step is installing the lock. It also has its own nuances, about which you can find special articles.
- The third step is the installation of special handles - we take the tool in our hands and cut the grooves for the handles on both sides of the door, or drill an oblong-shaped hole and cut the seats for the handles with an electric jigsaw.
At this work associated with our canvas go into the completed stage, you can begin the installation process of the sliding mechanism and the overhang of our doors.
Door Shed: Sliding Mechanism Installation Process
The sliding door to the room moves about using the mechanism, it is fastened without any special problems - all that is needed is to fasten, relative to the doorway, a horizontal guide profile. Horizontal is determined by the construction level.
You can make a barn mechanism for a sliding door with your own hands, but you don’t need it. It is better to consider the Japanese options. Speaking about this, you can select a few nuances.
- It is necessary to release, at 4.5-5 cm on either side of the doorway, the extreme part of the guide. From the opposite side of our doorway (where the opening of the canvas occurs), the guide should go to the size of the even width of the future door. This moment needs to be taken into account and cut off the excess part of the door guide.
- To determine the mounting position of the sliding mechanism in height, it is also necessary to make calculations. This size is determined by two sizes - the size of the height of the door leaf with the rollers plus the size between the floor and the door (irregularities of your floor are taken into account) equal to 10-20 mm
- Installing the guide from the wall surface, again pay attention to the curvature of the walls. The guide is attached to the wall with dowels, without additional efforts and fixtures. The main condition is the absence of curvature. If the wall has a relative unevenness, then, as an option, you can resort to an uncomplicated trick, remove the guide from the wall surface for a short distance - in this case we use a wooden lath that we attach to the wall, thereby removing the existing unevenness, and now we set our guide to this rail.
Installing the door leaf is done with minimal effort and quite simply - we start the rollers in the guide at the side, slightly swaying so that the blade does not wedge.
- So, after installing the door in place, proceed to install the support, for which a slot (long groove) was made in the lower end of the door leaf. Having checked the smoothness of movement of the door along the guide by repeatedly opening and closing, we fix the door in the maximum open position, in order to determine the installation of the rubber pad, which also serves as a travel stop. Using a self-tapping screw designed for metal, we fix the rubber pad on the inner side of the guide, then half-fold the stop and screw it into the floor in the slot made in the lower part of the canvas.
- Shifting the web in the direction of closure, we determine the “closed” position and re-attach, first of all, the travel stop in the upper part of the web, and proceed to fixing the lower stop with dowels.
In conclusion, we can say about the design, a triplet of words about the design of the doorway itself - without this part of the work, all efforts to install interior doors, your sliding doors, will be an attempt for the best.
Using a rail with a thickness of 10 to 20 mm and a width equal to the thickness of the pier, we twist the analog of the door frame, and with the help of construction foam is installed in the opening. When the foam hardens, remove its excess from both sides and carefully install the trim.
- By installing the doors, under the closing mechanism, we change into the place of one of the beauty cages that add beauty to the timber with a stubby groove for the web, where the reverse side of the lock part is fixed.
Summing up, I want to make a reservation on my own, only that the described rake cannot be a constant and is not a dogma in the design (design) of the opening. As an example, it will be nice to look at the facing of the opening laminate (it is also installed on the building foam), it will look original according to your idea or designer's advice harmoniously with the refinement of a selected version of natural stones or ordinary tiles.
The theme of the focus in the design is huge, and here, you can reflect for a long time. The decision to choose natural or artificial materials for the design of your opening, will depend on your refined and sophisticated taste.
It’s not so difficult to do sliding doors with your own hands, you just have to think about the question carefully. Self-made designs will serve for a long time, only in the presence of high-quality components.