Any manor, a house adjoining territory and even a summer cottage need a fence, part of which is the wicket and entrance gates. To create a harmonious architectural composition with the house and other buildings, you need to choose the design of the gate and the gate.
It is hard to argue with the fact that the gate and the gate is the calling card of a private house. Especially if the fence is high enough and deaf in order to consider the house itself and the site. Therefore, despite the fact that the gate must first of all have durability and reliability, they are also trying to make them beautiful.
Of course, different people may have different ideas about beauty, but still, choosing a design, it is desirable to adhere to the general principles of a harmonious combination of colors, shapes and sizes, and try not to deviate from the chosen style.
What are wickets and gates
Wickets and gates can be made in different versions:
- Deaf canvases. They are chosen when the site owners for various reasons do not want to put their privacy on public display. Someone does not want to cause envy among neighbors and passers-by, and someone just loves to sunbathe on the front lawn. But such gates can be made interesting by adding them to forging, carving, openwork details or to focus on the original supporting pillars.
- Through designs. The most popular of these are forged products: when using forging, the design is very individual, which is especially appreciated by those who do not like standard solutions. Other variants of through constructions - welded lattice and mesh. In both cases, the grid or grille is enclosed in a metal frame. Through gates can be considered and the gates of wooden picket fence, stuffed on the frame is not close.
- Mixed designs. Most often this is a deaf lower part, hiding from outsiders the views of people on the site, and an openwork upper part, which makes the structure lightweight.
Council Even if you decided to make the fence, gate and gate deaf, it is advisable to leave an open space between the lower edge of the fence and the ground or foundation level. It is necessary for the ventilation of plantations growing near the fence.
If you do not have enough space for installation, you can choose such a common design - the gate, made directly in the door leaf. Sometimes this design is chosen intentionally, even with a sufficient width of entry. This allows you to save on material and provide better protection from uninvited guests.
When choosing materials of which they will be made, it is necessary, in addition to their strength and durability, to take into account such criteria as house design and fencing, and even how such gates will be combined with the general street view.
- The most common today became the gates of corrugatedenclosed in a frame of shaped tube. It cannot be said that they look elegant or original, but such constructions are valued for their lightness and reasonable price. If the site fence and the roof of the house are made of the same material, then in general, everything can look decent.
- Wooden structures (see. Wooden gate with their own hands). May be deaf and cross-cutting, depending on your preferences. Deaf gates and wickets will greatly decorate forged parts or massive brick or stone pillars. They will look great against a chopped wooden house.
If you need only a light gate - the design of which will be combined with the open wooden terrace of the house behind it, then it can be made from a narrow picket fence or wooden slats connected in a grid.
- Aluminum constructions are becoming increasingly popular. - it is used to make both an imitation of a picket fence, and solid or folding sections. Due to its low weight, they can be easily automated - they can be made retractable or elevating (see. Doing the gate with your own hands doing the right thing).
- Forged gates and gates can surely be called the most luxurious. Made on individual sketches, they always look very dignified, but not always appropriate (see Metal doors of the gate). For example, if a small country house stands behind the heavy cast-iron gates, it will look lonely against their background.
Design solutions for gates and wickets
Combination of materials
The only drawback of forged structures is their transparency. But this problem can be solved by combining them with colored polycarbonate.
If you have a stone or brick fence, the gate can be arranged right in it, like a door in the wall of a house. The combination of massive stone and light openwork wicket sometimes looks very advantageous.
You can experiment with other combinations by looking at and appreciating the different designs of the gate with a wicket and comparing them with your original data.
Using additional parts
The most common wicket can be turned into a designer art object, if you give vent to imagination. For example, it is original to paint it, to attach carvings of birds or flowers, to fix beautiful street lamps on the supporting pillars.
You can completely change the appearance of the gate with the help of climbers, if you can arrange a pergola next to it or on its supports. Doors and gates will decorate (see. The design of gates with different materials), will make using them more convenient specially arranged canopies, which will protect all incoming mechanisms and gate locks from precipitation.
In short, even with a small budget, you can make the entrance to the territory of the site functional and pleasing to the eye.