Recently one of the most popular types of primers is concrete contact primer. But what is the peculiarity of this composition, and for what purpose is it used? In this article we will try to answer all these questions, as well as review the characteristics of the material and consider the technology of its application.
What is concrete contact
First of all, let's consider what concrete contact is and where it is applied. Of course, as mentioned above, this building material is a primer.
However, soils are of different types:
- Deep penetrating and strengthening - penetrate deep into the material and strengthen its structure.
- Adhesive - allow you to make smooth surfaces rough, and thereby improve their adhesion with other building materials.
Concrete contact refers to the second type of soil. Made this material on the basis of acrylic.
Its high adhesive properties are due to the presence in the composition of the following components:
- Quartz sand;
- Durable adhesives;
- Cement and some other additives.
The great popularity of concrete contact is due to its effectiveness. This primer, as they say, allows you to combine the unconnectable, up to the application of plaster on top of the tile. Of course, this finishing option is not the best solution, however, in any case, the primer will provide high-quality gluing of materials to the tile.
The direct purpose of concrete contact is to increase the adhesion of materials that have poor ability to absorb moisture. For example, monolithic concrete absorbs moisture poorly, therefore almost all building materials very poorly “stick” on it. Adhesive primer corrects this deficiency, so she got that name.
Before the appearance of such adhesive primers, the experts used a so-called bandage to prevent premature shedding of plaster - they glued a fabric mesh to the concrete with PVA, on top of which the plaster was applied. Of course, the adhesive banding is a difficult and inconvenient process, unlike the treatment of a concrete surface with a primer. In addition, from the latter, the effect is much better.
It must be said that many beginning masters underestimate the importance of priming a concrete surface before performing finishing work, as a result of which they learn from their “bitter” experience what concrete contact is needed for, as finishing materials begin to crumble and fall off the walls immediately after the repair. And in some cases, they refuse to stick on smooth surfaces, for example, if the plaster is applied on a previously painted wall.
Note! Proceed to the surface finish should be immediately after the drying of the soil, as over time it can pripylitsya, resulting in a decrease in the quality of adhesion.
Among the advantages of concrete contact are the following characteristics:
|High drying speed||A few hours after application to the surface, you can proceed to further work.|
|Moisture resistance||The composition to some extent performs the function of a waterproofing material, since after drying it forms a moisture-proof film on the surface.|
|Long service life||According to the manufacturers, the material is able to perform its functions for 80 years.|
|Environmental friendliness||The material does not contain harmful substances, so you can use concrete contact for exterior work and for interior decoration.|
It must be said that this material is represented on the market by different manufacturers, so its names may differ slightly, for example, “Concrete Contact” or “Betonokontakt”. However, the characteristics of these compositions are about the same, therefore, it does not really matter which concrete contact to choose.
Work with concrete contact
Why do we need concrete contact, we figured it out. Now we will consider how to work with the composition, because its effectiveness depends on compliance with the technology.
So, the instructions for use are as follows:
- It is necessary to begin work with surface preparation. To do this, it must be cleaned from dust, as well as from all crumbling or flaking areas.
- Then the liquid should be well shaken and poured into a flat container. It is best to use a special tray for the paint roller for these purposes, since it is convenient to dip a tool into it, and it also has a special platform on which you can press the roller. You can buy such a pallet with a roller, and its price will not be at all high.
- Next, the roller should be dipped into the composition and squeezed so that the liquid is evenly distributed in it.
- After that, the roller must be treated with the prepared surface. When working with walls, primer is applied from top to bottom. The liquid should form a uniform thin layer, without run-offs and the formation of puddles in some areas.
- After drying the surface, to achieve the maximum effect, the primer is applied again.
Note! If concrete contact occurs on a surface that does not require treatment, the liquid must be immediately removed with a damp cloth. Otherwise, the soil can be removed only with a solvent or mechanically.
At this priming concrete contact with his hands completed.
Adhesive primer concrete contact is an indispensable building material. Thanks to her, many construction operations that were previously considered unfeasible became permissible.
The only thing, as mentioned above, to ensure maximum effectiveness of the soil, you must follow the instructions for its use. From the video in this article, you can get more information on this topic.