Recently, the production of dry mixes for masonry or concrete plaster, which is called sand concrete, has become widespread. Among these mixtures, the most popular brand is M300. Next, we consider in detail the features of this material, its characteristics, as well as which sand concrete M300 is better in this or that case.
What is sand concrete
Sand concrete mix М300 является относительно новым видом строительного материала, который благодаря своей универсальности и отличным характеристикам быстро вызвал интерес у строителей. Данную смесь успешно применяют при выполнении самых разных строительных и отделочных работ.
Composition пескобетона М300 следующий:
- The basis of the mixture is Portland cement.
- As a filler, as it is not difficult to guess, sand is used. As a rule, manufacturers use river coarse and fine sand.
- Various additives - it can be plasticizers and antifreeze additives. Some manufacturers also add anti-corrosion components and other elements that improve the performance properties of the material.
Composition смеси довольно простой, однако, большую роль играют пропорции пескобетона М300, от которых зависят эксплуатационные характеристики материала. Поэтому выполненный самостоятельно бетон может отличаться в худшую сторону от материала на основе готовой смеси.
This composition has several significant advantages over other similar mixtures:
- One of the main advantages of this brand of sand concrete is its reliability and high strength. These properties are due to its durability.
- Able to carry high loads, and it is not afraid of mechanical effects.
- It has a high density.
- Resistant to high humidity and precipitation.
- It has good resistance to temperature extremes.
- It has frost resistance.
- Due to its versatility, it can be used both for exterior and for interior work.
- Allows you to create a perfectly flat surface.
- Affordable price.
Technical characteristics of sand concrete M300 are as follows:
|Compressive strength||from 30 MPa|
|Frost resistance||From 50 cycles of freezing and thawing|
|The density of sand concrete M300 average||2000 kg / m3|
|The mass of the mixture in the package||30 - 50 kg|
|The share of sandstone M300 on average||1950 kg / m3|
I must say that there are other brands of sand concrete on the market - M150, M200, etc. However, they have lower strength indices.
Types of sand concrete
According to its technical characteristics, this mixture is divided into three groups:
|With a small fraction of the filler||Used as an exterior plaster, as well as for sealing seams. The material has high reliability and durability.|
|With an average filler fraction of 2-2.2 mm||Used for the manufacture of screed, paving slabs, self-leveling floors, etc.|
|With coarse filler fraction||Most often used for pouring foundations, which, thanks to this mixture are strong and durable.|
Note! When performing a screed with a thickness of about 10 mm, the consumption of sand concrete M300 is 18-20 kg. Based on these data, you can calculate the required amount of material to fill a specific area.
In addition, as mentioned above, depending on the additives, the mixture may have some additional properties. Therefore, when choosing a material, you should focus on the tasks that are assigned to it.
How to work with peskobeton
Preparation of the solution
The technology of preparation of the solution is extremely simple:
- First you need to prepare a clean container and pour water into it. One bag requires 6.5-7 liters of water. Exact proportions contains instructions on the package.
- Then the dry mixture is added to the water and mixed thoroughly. You can use a construction mixer or an electric drill with a nozzle for this.
- After this, the contents of the container should stand for 5-10 minutes.
- After a specified time, the contents need to be mixed again.
After the solution is prepared, it must be worked out within 2 hours.
Note! Compositions from different manufacturers may have different mixing times, as well as different optimal proportions of water.
Features of working with sand concrete
In order for the material to comply with the characteristics declared by the manufacturer, it is necessary not only to prepare the solution correctly, but also to prepare the surface with your own hands in accordance with the recommendations from the manufacturer.
In particular, it must be thoroughly cleaned and leveled to the maximum. In addition, it is necessary to perform priming and antifungal treatment. It is best to use for these purposes the compositions from the same manufacturer as the mixture itself.
Another important point is the optimum environmental conditions. This applies to temperature and humidity levels. Usually it is possible to work with the composition only at above zero temperature, if an anti-frost additive is not added to it.
It is also extremely important to ensure uniform hardening of the solution. To do this, as a rule, the surface is periodically moistened with water for the first ten days.
Пескобетон является популярным строительным материалом. На первый взгляд может показаться, что его использование экономически не оправдано, однако если сравнить, сколько стоит пескобетон М300 и все ингредиенты для его самостоятельного приготовления, то окажется, что разница совсем несущественная (см.также статью «Оборудование для прогрева бетона: популярные модели и их конструкция»).
And if you take into account the time and labor costs for the preparation of the solution, it turns out that the finished mixture is an even more profitable solution. From the video in this article, you can get more information on this topic.