By itself, painting a concrete fence is not particularly difficult. Yes, the surface for processing is quite substantial, but if there is free time, anyone can handle it. Another thing is the result: in order for the fence to turn out attractive, and it did not have to be repainted after a few months, you should pay attention to a number of nuances.
Для начала нам нужно решить, чем покрасить бетонный забор (см.также статью «Бетонные декоративные заборы - виды и особенности»).
And although the range of paints and varnishes available for sale is very wide, not all will suit us:
- The best solution is the use of facade water-based compositions. They are characterized by a reasonable price, while the coating is quite strong and durable.
- Typically, these paints are available in white with the possibility of further tinting. Analyzing how to paint a concrete fence under a stone, it is necessary to choose a shade in advance, as much as possible repeating color of natural material.
Tip! For the most high-quality imitation, you need to purchase several colors in order to create a non-uniform texture effect: at least one for the base and one for highlighting.
- In addition to water emulsion, you can also take acrylate and latex compositions. They are also suitable for our purposes, but they are somewhat more expensive.
- When buying paint it is worth remembering that concrete absorbs material, and quite actively. That is why the light shades manual recommends applying at least two, or even three layers. Accordingly, the increase and consumption.
When we found something to paint a concrete fence, it is worth thinking about auxiliary materials.
Here we will need:
- Acrylic primer, which will reduce the absorption of pigment base and will increase the adhesion of paint to concrete.
- Solvent for eliminating stains and processing tools.
- Masking tape used to distinguish between different color areas.
As for the tools, it is better to process large areas with an airbrush: this also takes time, and the paint will leave much less. Well, and with a small fence it is quite possible to cope with a brush or roller.
Tip! Openwork eurofences of cast concrete is also better to paint with a spray gun. And in order not to stain the surrounding objects, it is necessary to immediately install a plywood shield behind the fence, on which pigment drops will fall.
To paint for the concrete fence lay down smoothly, without "bubbles", and did not peel off in the future, the base must be carefully prepared:
- First, clean the surface from dirt. We focus on cracks and cracks.
- All defects are eliminated by filling the voids with cement mortar.
Tip! Repair of the fence should be done in advance, because you can only paint a dry surface.
- If on concrete there are remnants of old paint - remove them with a brush, impaled on the "Bulgarian". Large areas are cleaned with a sandblaster.
- Purified concrete treated with primer. Especially carefully priming the areas on which the reinforced concrete was cut with diamond circles: this is where open pores will absorb the paint most actively.
After the primer is polymerized, paintwork materials can be applied.
Optimal conditions for processing
When painting with your own hands, it is very important to observe suitable conditions.
And since the fences are usually in the fresh air, then you need to choose the time for processing in accordance with the weather:
- Temperature - from +5 to +300C. In colder air, problems may occur with paint polymerization, and in the heat it will harden too quickly, which will lead to cracking of the layer.
- A day is better to choose dry, without fog. Naturally, it is not necessary to paint and in the rain - to achieve acceptable quality will not work.
- It is also undesirable to perform finishing on a windy day, otherwise dust and small debris will mix with paint and stick to the fence until the next repair.
- To control the color, you need to work in good light. At the same time, too bright sun will interfere, because the color is best done in the morning or after dinner.
Tip! Typically, paint work performed in April and May. At the same time, the pigment has enough time to dry properly and fully polymerize without the risk of being washed out by the rain.
If you previously worked with a roller or spray gun, then you do not need to explain how to do the work:
- Before you paint the concrete fence with different images, apply contour lines to the base using coal or a thick pencil. To transfer the selected image, you can use the scale grid, lined with a level.
- If necessary, apply markings to the surface using masking tape.
- Next, open the tank with paint and mix it thoroughly, getting rid of the effects of separation.
Tip! If the paint was long, it is better to strain it to separate the dried film. Also, filtering is mandatory when using the spray gun, otherwise the nozzle will clog very quickly.
- We start painting from top to bottom, applying the composition in an even layer without drips. Pigment drops should preferably be shaded with a brush or roller, because in fresh air, water-based and acrylic compositions dry quickly.
- When performing artistic painting, it is better to first work out the outlines of the drawings with a brush, and then apply paint to large areas.
- To imitate a stone, experts recommend first applying a dark base and then emphasizing the texture of the material with a brush or roller.
- Separately, we paint over hard-to-reach places (horizontal planes, edges of communication channels, which remained after the first, as diamond drilling of holes in concrete, etc. was performed) with a flat brush on a long handle.
- Having caused one layer of material, we allow it to dry. Drying time depends on which pigment is used.
- The second layer is applied using a similar technology. At the same time, we try to block all nonprokras and eliminate defects that we made at the previous stage.
- If you plan to paint "under the stone", then on a dark basis we lighten the edges of the elements with a lighter composition using a roller or a brush with a small amount of paint.
After work, we try to protect the fence from dust and rain.
Для человека, хоть немного знакомого с малярными работами, покраска бетонного забора не представляет никакой сложности. Конечно, процесс этот отличается трудоемкостью, но при наличии подходящего оборудования вы сможете легко обеспечить отличный результат (читайте также статью «Стяжка из полистиролбетона: самостоятельное утепление основания»).
If you are new to this business, then before you take up the roller or spray gun, carefully review the video in this article.