Aerated concrete is quite easy-to-use material, as it has large dimensions and at the same time low weight. However, when it is laid, it is still necessary to comply with a certain technology, otherwise the design will not work out strong enough and durable. Therefore, we will consider in detail how the laying of aerated concrete is done by hand.
Masonry walls из газобетона в последнее время пользуется большой популярностью, что связано с экономичностью такого строительства. Цена данного материала значительно ниже, чем, к примеру, кирпича.
In addition, aerated concrete has many other advantages:
- The possibility of arranging a lighter foundation;
- High speed walling;
- The blocks have an exact geometric shape that allows you to lay them almost close to each other (when using glue).
- Environmental friendliness;
- Good thermal insulation properties;
- Vapor permeability;
- Durability - the structure of aerated concrete does not lose its properties for at least 100 years;
- Fire resistance;
- Frost resistance;
- Resistance to biological effects - this material lacks the ability to accumulate mold, fungi or other microorganisms.
As for the shortcomings, they, of course, exist, as with any other materials, however, the builders learned how to deal with them:
|Porosity, resulting in increased moisture permeability.||To eliminate this drawback, waterproofing of the building is performed, in particular, a waterproofing layer is laid on the foundation.|
|Cracking tendency.||With the observance of construction technology and reinforcement, cracking is no longer a problem.|
Glue or mortar
Laying aerated concrete in two ways:
- On ordinary cement mortar;
- On a special glue.
As a result, pre-builders often have a question of choice. It should be noted that the coefficient of thermal conductivity of cement mortar and glue is higher than that of blocks. Accordingly, the thermal conductivity of the walls will depend on the thickness of the seams.
When using cement mortar, the thickness of the seams is not less than 6-10 mm. When using glue, the thickness of the seam can be 1-3 mm.
Of course, the cost of glue will be higher, so at first glance it may seem that when it is used, the cost of laying concrete blocks will increase significantly. However, due to its insignificant expenditure, costs actually do not practically increase, and the structure thus turns out to be warmer. It follows that the use of special glue is more expedient than cement mortar.
The easiest way to build walls is to invite experts. However, the cost of laying aerated concrete blocks is quite high. Therefore, it makes sense to do the work yourself, having previously got acquainted with all its nuances.
So, the laying is carried out in several stages:
- The foundation is first prepared;
- Mortar (glue or cement);
- Stacked blocks.
Now let's take a closer look at all these stages.
First of all, it is necessary to ensure a smooth surface of the foundation. If there are serious sags or irregularities, they must be eliminated. In some cases, even cutting of reinforced concrete with diamond circles can be used.
As mentioned above, before laying aerated concrete blocks, it is necessary to perform waterproofing of the foundation. To do this, you can use waterproofing polymer-cement compositions or rolled bituminous materials.
Tip! When preparing the foundation, it is necessary to make openings for communications. If they were not provided during casting, diamond drilling of holes in the concrete should be used.
Preparation of the solution
For the preparation of cement mortar will need cement brand M300 and sand. First mix the dry ingredients in a ratio of 1: 4, and then water is added to the mixture and the composition is thoroughly mixed.
If glue is used, water is added to the dry mixture and thoroughly mixed with a mixer. Detailed instructions for making the solution are available on the package.
So, the construction of the masonry of the gas blocks is performed in the following order:
- First of all, the material must be cleaned from dust, dirt, snow, etc.. Blocks with breakaway areas should be set aside. They can be used as additional elements, cutting with a regular hacksaw.
- Begins laying blocks from the corners and runs in rows along the entire perimeter.. To do this, glue or mortar is applied on the base with a trowel, after which the block is installed. If the wall is plastered on both sides, the vertical joints between the blocks are not filled, but if at least one side is dry-finished, the seam is half filled with mortar.
When laying blocks it is necessary to monitor the horizontal rows with the help of construction level. You can also stretch the thread horizontally, which will serve as a guide.
- The second row is performed with the ligation, the offset should be 8-12 centimeters.
- After every 3-4 rows of aerated concrete, reinforcement should be performed with two rods of reinforcement with a cross section of 8 mm.. For stacking rods in blocks, you must run grooves. It must be said that at the corners the rods should be bent not at a right angle, but with rounding, respectively, the grooves should also be made rounded.
- After the box is ready, the walls are finished.. There are a lot of options, for example, you can lay tiles, perform plastering or use "dry" technology.
Tip! If it is necessary to perform stiffening belts, for example, under window openings or floors, you can use U-shaped blocks, into the tray of which reinforcement is inserted and then the solution is poured.
Here, perhaps, are all the main nuances of the laying of aerated concrete.
The technology of laying concrete blocks is quite simple, however, requiring strict compliance. Therefore, the most important thing in the construction of gazoblokov - accuracy and compliance with the above sequence.
From the video in this article, you can get more information on this topic.