Kevlabeton is a modern building material, it is also called ultraconcrete or granilit, which partly suggests the method of preparation of the mixture. The original production technology is different from the usual methods of manufacturing concrete. As in the traditional solution, cement, water and mineral fillers are included in the “hardened mixture”, but this is where their similarity ends.
The three main features of “ultra concrete” that distort it with everything we are used to in the production of building mixtures are:
- Quality of raw materials.
- The composition of kevlabeton in relation to the proportions of ingredients.
- Original production technology of kevlabeton.
Note! In fact, this type of concrete is a mixture based on Portland cement in the form of pellets (balls) with a diameter of 2 to 5 cm tightly compressed among themselves.
The principle underlying the mixture preparation method, that is, the direct technology of Kevlabeton, is akin to the method of pelletizing (forming) pellets in the process of pelletizing of the charge in ferrous metallurgy.
A modified gravity mixer is used to produce concrete pellets. The mixture produced by the above method, using special equipment, consists of pellets of very high density without air inclusions. With tactile contact, the finished pellet resembles a hard rubber ball.
If we present it in section, then we will have the following structure:
- The core itself is a large, about 4–5 mm, particle dropout.
- An array of compacted mixture of Portland cement, sand and the smallest particles dropout, concentrated around the core.
- Inclusions of particles of elimination of the average sizes (2-3 mm).
Interesting! Compressive strength of the product corresponds to the grade of concrete M600 (class B45) and above. This means that the product can withstand a compressive load of 600 kg per square centimeter.
Kohl, we talked about the strength, which has Kevlabeton, we note immediately and other properties of this material:
- Frost resistance is one of the most important indicators for concrete, including products from granilit, since they have to work in conditions of drops and a sharp drop in temperature.
Note! Frost tolerance reflects the number of cycles of alternate freezing and thawing of the sample under laboratory conditions, in which the tensile strength of concrete does not decrease by more than 5%. Classification of concrete in relation to frost resistance begins with F200, for a mixture of ultra concrete, this indicator is F700.
- Water absorption is 0.5% at an acceptable level of 5%.
- Abrasion from granulite products is 0.2 g / cm2. To understand what this means, imagine that an experimental sample is exposed to an abrasive wheel, pressed with a certain force for a certain number of turns. At the end of the test, sample mass loss is measured.
What does this mixture consist of?
The instructions for making granilit recommends the use of the following ingredients:
- As a binder, Portland cement M500 TO and M400 TO. DO labeling means that the cement does not contain mineral active additives (D-additives, O-absence).
Note! When reinforced concrete is cut with diamond circles, the equipment used can also be used on kevlabeton. Diamond in general, a universal material, the fastest way to make a “hole” is to use diamond drilling holes in concrete.
- Mineral aggregates:
- Sand river, career, with a modulus of particle size in the range of 1.8-2.5 with clay or clay inclusions, not exceeding 3%. In no case do not get cheap fillers that degrade the quality of plates and products.
- Granite crushed stone for concrete with a fraction of 2-5 or granotsev different fractions from 0 to 5. Also used for screening of other rocks - dolomite, quartzite and basalt.
Tip! The choice of the dropout fraction depends on the dimensions of the product from ultraconcrete. The particle size of the mineral aggregate should be three times less than the thickness of the product.
- Plasticizers and hardening accelerators significantly accelerate and optimize the process of solidification and the formation of products from pellets.
- Iron oxide pigments (dyes) for tinting ultraconcrete.
The price of products from the above material depends on the quantity and brand of ingredients involved in the production. On average, the cost of the finished product, taking into account all costs (wage labor, payment for energy) will be about 20-30 rubles per kg.
Products from ultraconcrete
The main area of use of products from ultraconcrete - finishing and facing:
- Paving slabs.
- Facing and floor plates.
- Steps and risers.
- Subwindow plates.
In addition, prefabricated fences and fences are made of granilit.
Anyone who has mastered the manufacture of products from pellets using the above described technology, speak of it as affordable, exceptionally profitable and quickly paid back (as for equipment).
The only thing that needs to be understood is that there is a certain complexity in the working process, so it is better to get acquainted with the regulatory requirements in advance. At least in order to choose the right mixture composition - Kevlabeton, if the technology is observed, will turn out to be strong and durable.
In the presented videos in this article you will find additional information on this topic.