What is the ironing of concrete surfaces? What materials can be used? What could be the technology of iron concrete? How to make technological holes in the concrete structure after processing? Let's figure it out.
So, what is the purpose of iron concrete?
|Strength||The main goal is to increase the mechanical strength of the concrete surface. After ironing, it becomes much more resistant to chipping and mechanical wear.|
|Waterproofing||A side effect is improving the water resistance of the material. The pores of the surface layer are completely or partially filled; as a result, the ability of the structure to absorb moisture decreases sharply.|
|Dust reduction||Concrete floor is always dusty, even in the absence of any significant loads. Ironnation will not solve this problem completely; however, after processing, the amount of dust in the garage or workshop will be significantly reduced.|
Please note: excessive moisture of concrete affects not only its durability, but also its thermal insulation properties. In addition, the hydrophobization of the surface prevents the appearance of moss, mold and efflorescence.
What can iron concrete?
List of materials
- For processing of horizontal surfaces, cement without any additives is usually used.
- Vertical, sloping and curved surfaces can be treated with either pure cement (more precisely, cement milk) or cement-sand mortar prepared in a 1: 1 ratio. Sometimes lime dough is added to it (about 1/10 of the amount of cement). Lime acts as an antiseptic and paints the concrete white.
- Finally, the most effective solution is polyurethane impregnation treatment.. Let us dwell on it a little more.
Polyurethane Impregnation: Sample Study
Let us, as an example, study the properties of the domestic composition of Elakor-PU, produced by TeoHim, a Moscow company.
- Impregnation is designed to protect concrete structures and surfaces that are operated under canopies. Outdoors, use is possible only if protected from capillary suction of water. The instruction is connected with the fact that when the bulk of the concrete is wetted at the boundary of the layer impregnated with polyurethane, there will be considerable stress, which is likely to lead to the separation of the monolith.
- After processing the base retains its texture and looks wet or varnished.
- Unlike cement, polyurethane provides full waterproofing of the surface treated with it.
- Impregnation penetrates to a depth of 2-6 millimeters. The exact value depends on the number of layers applied.
- Strength поверхностного слоя бетона независимо от первоначальной увеличивается ориентировочно до марки М600 (что соответствует нагрузке в 600 кгс/см2).
- Wear resistance increases at least 10 times.
- The problem of dust in this case is not partially solved, but completely: concrete ceases to collapse under loads and temperature fluctuations.
- Unlike cement, polyurethane impregnation can be applied at low temperatures down to -30C.
Цена килограмма пропитки Элакор-ПУ - 200 рублей. При среднем расходе 0,5 кг/м2 обработка одного квадратного метра пола или другой поверхности обходится , как несложно подсчитать, в 100 р (читайте также статью «Крышка для бетонного кольца: материалы и варианты исполнения»).
Technology железнения бетонных поверхностей определяется как с типом поверхности, так и применяемым материалом (узнайте также, какой должна быть бетонная крышка на колодец).
|Applied material||Application Methods|
|Dry way||For horizontal surfaces, the so-called dry ironing is usually applied. A concrete grasping but not gaining full strength is sprinkled with a layer of 2-3 millimeters sifted with Portland cement of the M400 - M500 grades. Capillary suction of water moisturizes the coating and contributes to the fastest possible set of strength. You can walk on the iron surface in a day.|
|Cement Milk||Diluted with water to the consistency of liquid sour cream cement is applied to the base with a brush or roller. Processing is performed on a dry surface; cement milk penetrates the pores by a few millimeters and sets in an hour or two.|
|Cement-sand mortar||The finished solution for the ironing of concrete is applied with a conventional spatula or spray and rubbed with a wooden or polyurethane grater. At least two weeks must elapse from the moment a solid foundation is cast.|
|Impregnation||They are applied with a brush, roller or spray on concrete that is completely dry and has gained full strength. The surface is recommended to pre-dust.|
How to make technological holes or openings in concrete walls, ceilings and partitions after their ironing?
It is clear that an attempt to perform this work with a perforator or a jackhammer will inevitably lead to the appearance of chips.
- For small holes, the optimal solution is diamond drilling of concrete holes. Borax or crowns can be used; The fundamental difference with traditional perforation is that the shock mode is not used.
- For openings of a large area, the output will be cutting of reinforced concrete: concrete - with diamond circles; rebar can be cut with a conventional abrasive wheel or gas cutter.
Important: damage to the reinforcement will weaken the structure. If the openings are cut, so to speak, in place - it is worth using corrugated reinforcement that does not require anchoring at the edges.
Надеемся, что предложенные вниманию читателя рекомендации помогут ему в ремонте и строительстве (см.также статью «Бетонирование дорожек на даче – особенности проведения работ»).
As usual, the video in this article contains additional thematic articles. And how to organize diamond drilling holes in concrete or, for example, how to cut reinforced concrete with diamond circles, read the materials on other pages of this site.