If the floors in your house are curves, there are hollows and protuberances on their surface, then lay parquet, laminate, linoleum or any other floor covering on top of them beautifully and evenly will not work. It is for this reason that many owners are wondering how to pour concrete floor with their own hands?
In order to answer this question, first of all, it is necessary to become familiar with what are solutions for leveling the coating.
The main types of concrete
Among the widest range of modern building materials, concrete has become the most popular and prevalent. Many do not even know what a variety of solutions of this type exist today, and the price of different types may also be different.
And also there are various modifications with the additional components allocating a mix with various characteristics.
Concrete means a huge range of a wide variety of building materials, including:
- The usual heavy composition;
- Light cellular mixtures;
- Fine-grained formulations;
- Polymer blends;
- Various mastics;
- Specialized formulations with various additives and plasticizers.
It is this variety of types of this building material that allows it to be used in any construction or repair process.
Depending on which additives were added to the concrete solution, the following modifications can be obtained:
- Constructive, obtained by adding mineral aggregates;
- Cellular or lightweight compositions, endowed with high levels of insulation due to the adjustment of the air phase;
- Universal solutions for various purposes, obtained by introducing finely dispersed type into the composition
- Fiber concrete, endowed with various features and characteristics, obtained through the use of fiber additives;
- Decorative types of solutions, which are the result of the application in practice of special technologies, stone components, pigments, etc .;
- Eco-friendly compounds that allow to dispose of industrial waste;
- Solutions for co-stressed structures obtained by introducing straining additives into the solution while mixing.
The reasons for the popularity of concrete
The solution of this type has gained wide popularity and demand due to the following qualities:
- Ease of working with the material in practice;
- Low cost;
- Low energy requirements of the production process;
- Large assortment of various modifications;
- The possibility of using secondary and local raw materials;
- The possibility of using concrete to put into practice various ideas and architectural solutions.
Regulation of solution parameters
In order to adjust certain parameters of the concrete mix, various additives can be used:
- Components composite knitting. Such additives can be created on the basis of substances such as gypsum, cement, etc .;
- Complex modifiers to control the structure and basic parameters of the solution. As such components can be:
- Chemical modifiers;
- Ultra dispersed substances.
Note! Such technologies make it possible to achieve a homogenization of the solution and also create optimal conditions for the interaction of all components of the solution.
Filling the floor on the example of the garage
In order to clearly and clearly tell you how to pour concrete floor, consider all the work on the example of creating a concrete floor in the garage. The proposed version of the work is most suitable for the construction of the garage floor due to its efficiency and quality indicators.
This coating can withstand severe mechanical stress, as well as the ingress of oil or gasoline. It is endowed with fire resistant indicators and the ability to resist moisture.
Instructions for pouring such a flooring consists of the following steps:
- First you need to remove the top loose soil layer and arrange a gravel-sand two-layer pad on the surface.. This base is optimal for the implementation of the fill;
Council If it is necessary to provide additional waterproofing of the surface, then the soil can be poured with liquid clay and dried.
- In order to ensure uniformity, builders use posts with a height indicator.. The thickness of the gravel layer is determined by these columns, installed in the ground. This thickness may vary depending on the quality of the soil. The minimum layer is 30 cm. After the gravel is filled, it must be carefully tamped;
- Cover the sand with a layer of at least 10 cm above the ground.. Sand also needs to be leveled and compacted;
- Now that the cushion under the floor is organized, it's time to start laying waterproofing material. We lay the floor with plastic wrap so that the edges of the foam come onto the walls;
- Next, we build a layer called "rough floor", consisting of reinforced concrete. We lay reinforcement on the base. We lay wooden rails on the surface in such a way as to divide it into squares;
Council The height of the rails should be about 10 centimeters.
- The solution is poured a little higher rails, tamped and leveled. Reiki are removed from the surface after which the resulting voids are poured. In this state, the floor should dry out for about a month. It is advisable to cover it with a film to prevent cracking and premature drying;
- If you need to create a layer of additional insulation using sheets of polystyrene foam laid on the surface of the subfloor;
- Create a topcoat. Re-stack the reinforcement stack, install the beacon bollards. But this layer should have a thickness of at least 30 cm. It is necessary to dry this floor within 4 weeks.
If you want to learn how to smoothly fill the floor with concrete, then you need to use a specialized tool, and you can even out the remaining mounds after setting, using a surface grouting method.
Council If we are talking about a garage floor, then the surface must be created with a slope so that water can flow out into the street.
How to flood the floor in winter
Sometimes circumstances are formed in such a way that it is necessary to fill it in winter and in a building without heating. The technology of work in this case will be somewhat different from the work performed in the summer, and the answer to the question of how much it costs to pour concrete in the cold will be slightly more expensive than the production of the same work in the summer.
Despite the fact that in winter the water freezes, pouring concrete on the floor at this time is possible under the following conditions:
- The use of the highest quality solution;
- High-quality production of preparatory activities;
- Ensuring proper care of the screed until it is completely dry;
- For quality coverage will have to try to maintain a positive temperature for at least 4 days.
How to ensure optimum drying conditions of the concrete floor?
There are some measures to take care of a freshly surface, the execution of which is necessary in order to eliminate the loss of strength properties even in low temperature conditions.
We are talking about such measures as:
- Use for the flooring of specialized formwork;
- Use when mixing the solution of specialized additives that reduce the temperature threshold of water crystallization;
- The organization of concrete screed insulation during drying using infrared sources;
- The use of heat guns and curtains as devices that heat the room;
- Heated floor heating with electric cables;
- Covering the cover and installing a heat source for forcing thermal energy.
Creating a concrete floor is a simple procedure and can be done by the owner on his own, provided that certain tools and materials are available. The main thing in this process is to correctly calculate the load in order to avoid cracking and damage to the coating.
And the video in this article will tell you even more about the intricacies of the process of building concrete flooring.