Each represents their dream home in different ways, but it unites everyone to strive for not only comfort and attractiveness, but also the reliability of the home. Some developers consider brick or wood to be the best options, rejecting other offers. However, houses made of aerated concrete are rapidly gaining popularity due to environmental friendliness and excellent material characteristics.
What is it made of
Contrary to the opinion of the harmfulness of cement, it is completely safe for health. It is this natural component that is the basis of the building blocks.
That's what they are made of.
- Quartz sand.
Note! The technology combining high pressure and temperature conditions contributes to the creation of the porosity of the product. This significantly saves materials, lightens weight, greatly enhances sound insulation and thermal insulation properties. Almost perfect geometry and ease of installation allow you to build a one-story house of aerated concrete in the shortest possible time.
Advantages of aerated concrete structure
- Comfortable atmosphere inside the building. Combining the best qualities of stone and wood, the material is in second place in terms of environmental performance after wood.
- Almost perfect geometry and coincidence of the sizes allow to carry out extremely thin seams and to use glue. This reduces construction costs and time.
- Even in the harsh climate, ready-made houses of aerated concrete perfectly retain heat. You do not have to spend a lot of money on heating, it will be warm inside in winter and cool in summer.
- Even in places with increased noise, the landlord will be able to sleep peacefully.. In addition to reliable protection from the cold, the walls will not let in other sounds.
- The combination of low cost and high quality make the material available to the vast majority of citizens.. A strong country house of aerated concrete will not ruin the owner, but it will last more than one decade.
- Excellent fireproof qualities. You need not worry, because aerated concrete is absolutely non-flammable.
- This material will save money on building a foundation.. Due to its lightness, it does not require an expensive base of enhanced power.
- Porous structure allows steam well. Therefore, regardless of the time of year, the sauna in the house of aerated concrete will not work. Comfortable atmosphere guaranteed.
- Blocks are extremely easy to cut and handle.. Therefore, there is an opportunity to implement the most complex architectural designs.
- How to order the construction, and to cope with the building with their own hands, will cost the owner cheaper, relative to work with similar materials.
How much does a house build
It is easiest and faster to get a finished house by ordering its construction in a specialized company.
Here are the included services that you offer.
- Excavation work on the preparation of the base of the building.
- Installation of the foundation.
- Construction of walls of one-story height.
- Laying channels for chimney and ventilation of brick.
- The construction of wooden floors.
- The construction of the attic.
- Roof works with a coating of metal profiles or tiles.
However, the price for the services of workers (from 16,000 rubles / m2) does not suit everyone, especially since inflation pushes prices up every month. Including for this reason, many citizens prefer to build on their own. Moreover, the process does not require an employee beyond the ability.
Order of work
It is clear that no one will begin laying walls on an unprepared site. Well, if you have a project with an estimate, but, as a last resort, you can do it yourself. It is also worth viewing the numerous design options presented on the Internet.
In huge numbers are garden houses made of aerated concrete, low-budget, compact and original. Having a visual image of the future cozy corner before your eyes, you will definitely begin to act.
How to deliver and store material
- First of all, take care of the packaging of the material in plastic wrap. Moisture should not fall on the blocks.
- Try to minimize the mechanical damage of the purchase. The block can easily break if dropped, therefore, fix the whole batch well before transportation.
Note! Store the material in a cool dry place, preferably indoors. In extreme cases, fit a ventilated area under a canopy. Make sure that the products do not fall precipitation, wet blocks lose their technical properties.
- Do not pile material in a pile or in high stacks. The norm is considered warehousing in two tiers.
Foundation preparation and installation
Professionals advise developers not to save on base power. Many private owners believing that aerated concrete does not require a capital foundation, opt for being too flimsy.
But here you need to choose a middle ground.
- The best basis is considered to be reinforced concrete slab. Especially if you are planning a two-story house of aerated concrete, which has considerable weight.
- For non-problematic soils suitable monolithic strip foundation. Multiply the advantages and add reliability of a pillow of sand under it.
- In many cases, the columnar base is tied with a monolithic reinforced concrete belt.
- In any case, the pad must be leveled and cleared from stones and debris.
- Next, carry out work corresponding to the selected type of basis.
After installation and waterproofing of the foundation, you can proceed to the laying of building blocks. The process is described in more detail below.
Note! It should be noted that experts persistently do not recommend working with frost or precipitation. The material is very sensitive to moisture, tarnished "reputation" of the walls you just will not please in the future.
Any building is subject to a variety of influences. These are wind, temperature loads, soil shifts and the inevitable ingress of water from precipitation.
In order to avoid deformations, the fresh laying needs to be reinforced.
- To prevent the transition of cracks from the base to the finishing layer, reinforcing glass fiber mesh is used. It will become a link of the walls with finishing, at the same time improving the adhesion of the two components.
- Often use reception with the device of expansion joints. They are located in places with changes in height, thickness or at the junction of walls with different temperatures. For example, a wall in the fireplace room or kitchen is so joined to the wall of a cold veranda or extension.
- Inside the expansion joint must be compacted with polyethylene foam or mineral wool. Inside the seam is treated with a vapor-permeable sealant, outside - weatherproof.
Aerated concrete structure needs suitable materials for the installation of floors.
- Aerated plates. They are distinguished by increased bearing capacity, low thermal conductivity, fire safety and almost perfect geometry. Their use assumes the presence of a concrete ring belt with reinforcement. This will give the building increased stability.
- Multihollow concrete analogues. It will be needed if the distance between the bearing walls exceeds 6 meters. As a support mount monolithic reinforced concrete distribution belt.
As a rule, a house of aerated concrete with a loft or second floor is not additionally insulated. And this is due to the dignified properties of the material, which perfectly retains heat.
But to do decorative trim does not hurt for various reasons.
- Since aerated concrete is a breathable material, it is not necessary to use waterproof enamels, tile foamed plastics, and polymer-based plaster.
- The ventilated facade in your case will be most welcome. These are siding, slats, blockhouse, decorative panels that let in air.
- Plaster base should be a special composition for aerated concrete, the usual mixture will not work because of the low adhesion of surfaces.
Inside, as well as outside, it is recommended to use vapor-permeable finishing materials. Otherwise, there will be a permanent sauna effect in the house, and all the positive properties of the blocks will be reduced to “no”.
Note! Exterior and interior of the house should be made of the same type of material. That is, sheathing is required to pass steam everywhere. When purchasing finishing products, check with the seller for what types of work (external or external) is intended, and what properties it has.
Work with blocks
To begin, you will need to prepare the necessary tools.
- Construction mixer or drill with a nozzle.
- Capacity for stirring glue. An old bucket will do.
- Hacksaw with carbide inserts for cutting blocks.
- Bucket scoop for pouring glue.
- Stiff brush to remove dust from the blocks.
- Notched trowel for even distribution of adhesive mass.
- Paint grater.
- Rubber mall for precise adjustment of elements.
- Conventional spatulas of different widths.
- Building level.
As we see, beautiful houses of aerated concrete do not require to create complex expensive tools and fasteners. And the installation itself will not force to puzzle over each stage.
- Prepared adhesive mass. Dry powder is diluted with water to the consistency of thick cream and stir until a homogeneous structure.
- They begin to spread the wall from the corner, cutting down the ridges previously and gently leveling the surface of the block with a float.
- The first row is laid, be sure to check the level. The slightest deviation from the horizontal will further increase the error.
- Horizontal and side vertical elements of the elements are coated. It is convenient to use a notched trowel, it evenly distributes the mass over the entire surface.
- To make a house of foam concrete look neat even before finishing, the excess glue when laying should be immediately removed with an even trowel.
- It is necessary to pay special attention to the formation of the angle and the exact coincidence of the ridges with the grooves. Typically, the parameters of the blocks have no discrepancies. Therefore, almost all errors arise from inattentive laying, and not from defective products.
- The second row is laid out with the bottom. And here the accuracy of the further passage depends on the first step.
- To achieve the thinnest possible seams, do not put in a lot of glue, and carefully distribute it with a trowel with teeth.
- The rubber mallet will help to fit the elements closer to each other. Ordinary hammer does not recommend using the instruction, in order to avoid block breakage.
Note! On each element on the sides there are notches. This is done for more convenience when transferring and for accurate installation of the fragment to its rightful place.
- Each laid out row immediately measure the level and plumb. The protruding parts adjust the mallet.
- It is not necessary to close the side cavities for manual gripping. But, if desired, you can fill them with a mixture of a crushed block or foam.
- Additional blocks are sawed off during the process, guided by measurements. Here will help you roulette and hacksaw.
- For the exact separation of concrete into parts, it is desirable to use a simple device - a corner of steel with slots for the saw.
- Clean the finished row gently with a float. Attention should be paid to the seams, remove the excess glue immediately. In this case, the seams will be thin, and the laying is beautiful.
- Under favorable weather conditions and compliance with all the rules, you will build a small aerated concrete house in a week.
С каждым годом все чаще можно встретить аккуратные дома из газобетона, как в городской черте, так и за ее пределами. Такая популярность оправдана, материал недорог, удобен, полностью безопасен и прочен (см.также статью «Смета на дом из газобетона – особенности проведения расчетных работ»).
More details are offered by the video in this article.