With all the modern variety of building materials, concrete firmly holds the lead in the construction market. This fact is explained by the reliability of the material and the durability of the constructed building. Buildings based on ready-made blocks deserve special attention. During construction, both new and used reinforced concrete slabs can be used.
Types and application
Reinforced concrete slab is a ready-to-use panel produced in the factory. There are several main types that are presented in the table and are distributed according to appearance and purpose:
|Road||This type is used when laying highways and roads for various purposes.|
|Ribbed||In another way, reinforced concrete slab coatings. As it becomes clear from the name itself, they are used as a coating for structures for various purposes. GOST for reinforced concrete ribbed plates provides for their manufacture exclusively from high-quality heavy concrete.|
|Eaves||These are used in the construction of buildings, where the project provides for the presence of balconies and loggias.|
|Hollow||As they are called, pustotki. This is the most common and widely used type. They are used both in low-rise and high-rise construction.|
Note! In many cases, the purchase price, delivery and installation of finished slabs, is lower than the cost of a monolithic floor.
First of all, it should be said that concrete is a rather dense and heavy material. Therefore, the question of how much a reinforced concrete slab weighs is more than relevant. We give a specific example, taking for consideration a block with dimensions of 2 * 3 * 0.2 (meters). Such a unit, depending on the presence of reinforcement in it, will weigh from 2 to 3 tons.
The use of finished blocks in the construction of buildings has several advantages compared with other types of construction:
- The speed of construction of the building. Thanks to the use of ready-made structures, construction is reduced to the implementation of a set of standard actions that the instruction sets, and the house can be completed in half a year.
- Since the production process is carried out in the factory, then it is not affected by external factors, and the risk of marriage in the production is reduced to a minimum.
- Finished slabs are brought to the construction site as soon as the facility is ready.. This allows not to accumulate building material on the construction site.
- The finished panels themselves are large objects, so controlling them is fairly easy.
- The dimensions of reinforced concrete slabs allow not only to build standard structures, but also to produce small prefabricated blocks, which helps to put into practice non-standard architectural solutions.
- The use of ready-made blocks allows you to install window and door frames of standard sizes. This is important, as, for example, in brick houses, the size of door and window openings always varies, and this causes inconvenience.
Note! The walls of buildings built of prefabricated blocks are smooth, so they do not require filling. Accordingly, you can immediately begin painting the walls. This work can be done even with your own hands.
- If the production has been complied with GOST for reinforced concrete slabs, such structures are durable. Since iron reinforcement and concrete are combined in the block, this allows the structure to resist not only compressive stress, but also tensile stress.
- This building material is chemically neutral, that is, the release of harmful substances into the environment. It should be noted refractoriness of the material, which increases the fire safety of the whole structure.
But besides the advantages, the buildings assembled by their finished blocks also have disadvantages, which are worth mentioning:
- Very high thermal conductivity coefficient of reinforced concrete slabs. Depending on the density, this indicator varies from 1.28 to 1.51. With increasing material density, this indicator is increasing.
Such designs practically cannot keep heat. Thermal insulation quality can be improved by using hollow plates. The air contained in the voids helps to minimize the thermal conductivity of the reinforced concrete slab.
- Sound insulation in such houses also leaves much to be desired. Concrete conducts sound waves very well. The solution, as in the previous paragraph, may be the use of hollow blocks.
They have a greater noise insulation effect than others. This is explained by the fact that the density of this type of reinforced concrete slab is noticeably lower.
- Design features suggest the presence of interpanel and interglacial seams. These seams should be sealed with the greatest possible care. If this is not done, then cold and dampness penetrates the room, which leads to the formation and growth of mold fungus on the walls.
- The mass of the reinforced concrete slab is quite large, which complicates the manipulations with it a little.
Note! Despite all these shortcomings, ready-made slabs are an excellent construction solution when reliability and construction time are important.
To build a house of reinforced concrete hollow or other slabs is not necessarily the best option, however, such a possibility in construction is not excluded. As a rule, this type of building material is used more for multi-storey construction.
In low-rise construction, concrete slabs are used not so much for the construction of residential buildings as for garages or basements. How to find the right use of this material will show the video in this article, which will be an excellent recommendation on many issues.