Foam concrete has become widespread, both in private and in industrial building due to a number of advantages. It is easy to work with the material, which is very important when working independently. And if the volumes are large enough, then it makes sense to buy equipment for the production of foam concrete with your own hands and independently make the necessary amount of material, because this option has a whole lot of advantages that we will consider below.
Overview of the main advantages of the material
To better understand the features of the material, you need to understand what it is. Foam concrete is a fairly lightweight cellular concrete, obtained by mixing cement, sand, water and a special foaming agent.
Its main advantages include the following factors:
- High reliability: The material practically does not change the initial properties during operation, is resistant to temperature extremes, does not support combustion, does not rot. At the same time, the blocks are practically not inferior in hardness to more dense materials.
- Excellent structural durability, with a density range of 400 to 1400 kg / cm3 compressive density ranges from 10 to 100 kg / cm2. When compared with other porous materials, no other analogue has such properties.
- Low weight: cellular concrete is 3 times lighter than ordinary concrete and 2.5 times lighter than bricks. Due to this factor, the load on structures is significantly reduced and a less powerful foundation is required, which, in turn, reduces construction costs.
- In buildings erected from the material in question, a comfortable microclimate always reigns.. Due to the fact that the material breathes, the room maintains normal humidity, it is not cold in winter and not hot in summer, only wood has similar properties, but this option is much more expensive.
- Thermal insulation properties: due to the high thermal resistance of the material, the walls of it are able to accumulate heat, which reduces the cost of heating the house by an average of 20-30%.
- Another important advantage is environmental friendliness.. The product contains no components that have a negative impact on human health and the environment. When exposed to high temperature structures, they do not emit harmful compounds.
- Fire safety also applies to important advantages, the material is resistant even to open fire. For example, a block with a thickness of 15 centimeters is able to resist the spread of fire for 4 hours.
- Due to its porous structure and moderate surface hardness, excellent sound insulation properties are ensured.. In comparison with brick or concrete, foam concrete absorbs noise much better.
- Ease of installationDue to the high linear accuracy of the parameters and the rather large size of the work, the masonry work is much faster than using traditional bricks. In addition, the material can be processed using hand tools, which further simplifies the work, because you just need a special hacksaw.
- Efficiency This option is that its price is much lower than others, it does not require a powerful base device. Large sizes significantly accelerate the work, and a small consumption of adhesive composition saves even more.
Note! We should not forget that when erecting external walls, they must be finished without fail, otherwise moisture absorbed into the porous structure may cause surface destruction. But even a thin layer of plaster can make the surface ten times stronger.
The choice of equipment and the main features of the technology
It is very important to choose high-quality equipment for production - for foam concrete it is not necessary to acquire a new line, very often you can find equipment that was used very little, but at the same time their cost is much lower.
Barging as the optimal solution for small production
For those who decide to purchase equipment and make cellular concrete on their own, bar setting will be the best option. This is the simplest set of equipment with which you can produce blocks or foam concrete for building needs.
Due to the fact that there is no foam generator in the design, the system is much simpler, while its cost is much lower.
There are a number of undeniable advantages in favor of the bar setting:
- Using this equipment, you can produce several types of products: blocks of various sizes and configurations, cladding plates for facades and walls, as well as a liquid mixture that is excellent for filling the voids between brick masonry, as well as external insulation of walls and ceilings.
- If you decide to produce cellular concrete for sale, then it should be noted that the average profitability is 59-60%, which allows you to cover equipment costs after two months of work. This option is one of the budget, but its effectiveness is much higher than that of counterparts.
- You do not need to spend time on complex training, instructions for using baros are so simple that you can master all the features of work and maintenance in just a couple of hours. You do not need long-term training and practice, the whole process is maximally simplified, which greatly increases the efficiency of work.
- The equipment reduces the number of workers required for maintenance. Unlike the options with the foam generator, which should be monitored by an individual specialist, even one person can work with a bar setting.
- The compact size of the equipment allows you to place production in a small room. Installation takes from one and a half to four square meters. Some options are equipped with wheels, which makes them mobile when working on the insulation of buildings.
Consider the main characteristics of the average power bar setting:
|Equipment performance||1.5 cubic meters in an hour|
|Working capacity||250 to 300 liters|
|Installation weight||About 300 kg|
|Air pressure in the system during operation||0.65 atmosphere|
|Range of supply of the finished solution||Up to 20 m horizontally, up to 5 m vertically|
|Length of discharge hose included||2.5 m|
|Voltage required||380 volts|
|Installation power||3 kW / h|
Equipment for the production of foam has a very simple technological cycle.
As noted above, the process of manufacturing products is extremely simple and consists of three main stages:
- It is necessary to pour water and a frother into the tank called the foam bar mixer, after 10-15 seconds of mixing foam is formed, to which sand and cement are added in accordance with the recommendations of the plant manufacturer and in accordance with the desired brand of finished product.
- After about 2 minutes of mixing all the components with the help of a compressor in the installation, pressure is created, under the influence of which a foam concrete mixture is formed in the tank. The process takes about 30 seconds.
- The finished composition under the influence of pressure through the discharge hose is served in special forms or in the cavity or formwork. The whole process from start to finish takes 10-12 minutes.
- If blocks are made, then the shaping can be done in 8-14 hours, the exact time depends on the temperature and humidity of the surrounding air. Products must be carefully removed and placed on pallets for further drying. At the optimum temperature of 20 degrees, the foam blocks gain selling strength after two days.
Note! Despite the fact that the products become strong enough after 2 days, they gain maximum properties only after 4 weeks, then they can be used for any needs.
If you need to build a house and outbuildings, or you decide to open a small production, then a barometer for the production of foam concrete will be an excellent option. The video in this article will help to understand the features of the workflow in more detail.