Зачастую в жизни возникает необходимость удалить засохшую цементную смесь. В таких ситуациях на помощь приходят специальные вещества, к примеру, растворитель бетона EK 100 Super. Об этих средствах мы расскажем вам далее.
The need for these compounds is obvious, because the cement tightly adheres when it hits the surface. If you try to manually remove it, it is likely to damage the original surface.
In this regard, there is a need for a substance capable of splitting the cement layer for easy removal. Therefore, below we will introduce you to the key features of such compositions.
Principle of action
Despite the widest variety, all concrete mortars have approximately the same principle of action. They gently destroy the structure without affecting the original surface.
Such substances consist of three components:
- Concentrated acid, which is designed to destroy concrete.
- Inhibitors (inhibit corrosion).
- Substances protecting metal.
Such a means works as follows:
- Acid permeates a layer of concrete, destroying it.
- As a result, the adhesion to the original surface is weakened.
- In the end, it remains only to wash away the remnants of the solution with a stream of water.
This method can be used to easily clean glass, ceramic tiles, wood and other materials. You can also clean and tool (for example, a construction mixer) and even formwork.
Recommendations for use
Before you dissolve the concrete, you should learn some subtleties of this procedure in order to avoid fatal consequences.
Such compositions are applied according to one general scheme:
- First of all, the surface is thoroughly cleaned from dust, debris and dirt..
- If there are loose pieces, they should be removed by hand..
- Then applied to the surface of the solvent brush or sponge. If it is in the form of an aerosol, it is simply sprayed.
- After that, you need to wait about 10–15 minutes (during this time, the composition will foam and begin to act) and wash off the foam with plenty of water. It is advisable to use for this hose with a powerful head.
Note! Most solvents are very toxic, so when working with it, do not forget to wear protective equipment (respirator, goggles and gloves).
- If cleaning is not successful, repeat the procedure..
The wash is sold either diluted or in the form of a concentrate. It is best to purchase undiluted liquid.
Depending on the type of work, the proportions may be different:
- Old stains - 1 to 1.
- Grout and cement coating - 1 to 3.
- Remains of paint and lime - 1 to 5.
- Standard cleaning after construction manipulations - 1 to 10 (at the same time it will be necessary to add some detergent to the solution).
We also hurry to announce four simple rules that must be observed in order to avoid unpleasant consequences:
- Always work in protection. Remember that caustic secretions can cause great harm to your health.
- First try the composition on some unobtrusive site.
- Do not overdo the wash - strictly follow the instructions on the package.
- After work, ventilate the room well.
Description of the most popular brands
Now we look at the three most recognized species. We will tell about all their features and scope.
EK 100 Super
This reddish liquid consists of a mixture of various mineral acids, inhibitors and additional substances. It has a very strong smell, so try not to inhale the vapors.
Apply it to remove:
- Remains of cement milk. At the same time, the solution should be applied with a brush, and then allowed to stand for 10 minutes. During this time, the composition foams, making it easy to split the cement.
- Lime, rust and various oxides. In such cases, the instruction states to withstand the drug until an active evolution of gas begins.
Note! If the contamination is too strong, the cleaning process should be repeated until the sediment is completely destroyed.
Often, the aforementioned tool is used to clean various tools and equipment (for example, heat exchangers, in which limestone accumulates very quickly).
It is also worth noting the surface on which the use of the EC 100 Super is prohibited:
- Polymer coating.
- PVC, rubber.
B 100 R
The previous sample has a rather large list of prohibitions. This is due to its highly toxic base. However, he has a more gentle counterpart.
B 100T is a yellow liquid with a citrus scent. It is absolutely environmentally friendly, because it consists of emulsifiers, fatty acid derivatives, inhibitors and special preservatives.
This substance is actively used for cleaning tools, formwork for concrete, metals, wood and other materials. Its price is slightly higher than the previous sample. This is justified by environmental cleanliness. When applied to the surface forms an easily washable film.
With all this, remember that this substance is flammable. Therefore, firstly, use protective equipment, and, secondly, avoid direct exposure to fire (in which case it will flash instantly).
This imported tool is designed to remove cement, lime, corrosion, chalk and other residues. It is also quite often used for cleaning vehicles and tools. It is a light brown liquid.
We will publish some of its technical characteristics:
- Density - about 1.13 g / cm3.
- The level of PH (10% solution) - 1.
- The level of PH (concentrate) is less than 0.5.
Note! It can not be used on chrome, aluminum and brass.
With this we finish our story about the solvent of concrete, but if you did not manage to comprehend all the subtleties, then there is no cause for concern. In the presented video in this article you will find additional information on this topic. Its viewing will allow to understand everything.