Probably, many encountered unusual structures resembling stones, rocks and other objects in gardens, in parks of culture and recreation and in other places. With their help, you can create truly unique compositions that will become the hallmark of your site and will distinguish it from the general range. The production material is art concrete - a composition that has high performance properties and allows you to implement the most ambitious designs.
The main advantages of the material
It is worth noting that such products are often called artificial stone, and all such works are called concrete art.
Modern technologies allow to achieve high levels of strength and durability, while the products of the group in question have a number of advantages even in comparison with natural stone:
- The price of the project is much lowersince the cost of natural materials is very high, and even small compositions cost a considerable amount. The use of artificial components saves at least half the amount, which is especially noticeable when working on large objects.
Important note! The weight of the structures obtained is much less than ordinary concrete and several times lower than that of natural stone. This reduces the load on the structure when working inside buildings. In addition, when working outside it does not require the construction of massive foundations, which simplifies the work and reduces the duration of the project.
- Practically unlimited possibilities in the production process allow you to realize any idea. - from imitation of the structure of all natural materials to the creation of unique options that will not be found anywhere else. This quality is especially appreciated by those who make artistic concrete with their own hands, because the imagination is practically unlimited.
- The possibility of manufacturing any objects: from cliffs with waterfalls and stone cliffs to old-style benches, fountains, tanks and other products. We can say that with the help of artificial concrete any intention is realized.
- Another very big advantage is the full compliance of the project with the obtained result.. When using natural materials very often a situation arises when it is almost impossible to find elements of the right size and color. Using art concrete, you yourself give the object the desired shape, so you can be sure that there will be a minimum amount of deviations from the sketch.
Features of manufacturing products
The work process may differ and depends largely on the type of products. Consider the most common options and their features.
This method is used by most of the sculptors, it is somewhat more complicated than other options, but the result will be much more original:
- First, a preliminary sketch is created on paper or a computer, which gives an idea of how the finished product will look. It is important to make a sketch that will not cause great difficulties in the implementation process, otherwise the timing of the work may be delayed very, very much.
- It is easier to create art concrete with your own hands than it actually seems, however you need to have the skills to work with mortars, because it depends on how attractive and neat the structure will be. You may need a variety of tools, their list depends on what result you need to achieve and what is convenient for you to work.
- It should start with the creation of structures, most often for these purposes reinforcement is used, the thickness of which depends on the size of the frame and load. At this stage, it is important to choose the right materials and bend them so that you get a strong frame. All parts are welded together, after which the joints are tested for strength, and if necessary, reinforcing elements are added.
- After this, the construction is covered with one or several layers of metal mesh, it all depends again on the planned load. It must be carefully fixed and tensioned with a knitting wire. The grid serves as the basis on which the solution will hold, so do not use options with too large a cell.
- Next, the solution is applied - and the surface is formed. Sometimes this is done in a single step, sometimes several coats are required. In this case, the basis can be a simple solution, and from the top are used compositions with polymer additives and pigments, which give one or another surface color. To achieve a more realistic effect can be used artistic painting, with which you can achieve any texture.
- For additional protection and giving the surface water-repellent properties, special varnishes and impregnations for concrete are used.
Note! They not only reliably protect the products and prolong their service life, but also add shine, thanks to which the compositions look much better. Features of their use will prompt the instructions on the package.
Consider the composition of art concrete:
|Cement||The main component responsible for the strength of concrete products, it is better to use the brand M500 and above|
|Sand||The medium or coarse-grained version without admixture of clay and black soil is best suited.|
|Gravel||Need a composition without large stones, as the layer can be quite thin|
|Water||There should be no impurities, tina and debris, as this reduces the quality of the solution|
Using Forms and Stamps
This option is somewhat simpler due to a number of reasons:
- If the form is used, it is enough to make one or several structures and use them to cast the required number of elements. This method is most often used in the manufacture of coatings for garden paths and decorative elements for walls. After drying, the products are either immediately ready for use, or painted and varnished.
- The use of the stamp is as follows: the desired solution layer is applied to the surface, after which it is given a structure using a pre-fabricated fixture. In this way, you can give the texture to smooth surfaces and imitate stone or brick masonry.
Art concrete is an ideal option for those who appreciate originality and want to create a unique atmosphere on the site. The video in this article will tell even more about this interesting material.