The main structures that zone the space inside any building are partitions. You can build them with the help of such modern building material as aerated concrete partitioning blocks. We will talk about them in this article.
What you need to know when choosing a material
As a rule, partitions belong to non-supporting structures. Those. they carry only their mass and are not a support for other elements of the house. They rely on interfloor, garret floors or the foundation.
Basic requirements for internal partitions
- The walls must withstand significant loads from the furniture, equipment, etc., therefore, have sufficient strength.
- Their resistance to mechanical stress is also important. After all, the internal walls are often touched when moving equipment, furniture, etc.
- At the same time, these structures should not be too heavy, so as not to increase the load on the overlap of the building.
- Often, to save usable space, partitions are made thin.
Note! However, the soundproofing of the premises should not suffer. For partitions between rooms in residential buildings (SP No.5 / 13330/2011 “Protection against noise”), the sound insulation index (Rw) should be no more than 52 decibels.
- When the design separates the premises in which temperature drops exceed 10 °, it should also provide acceptable thermal insulation.
- The partition material must have a fire resistance of at least 15 minutes.
- It must also meet all sanitary and hygienic requirements, in other words, be environmentally friendly.
Most fully meets all the requirements voiced aerated concrete for partitions.
Advantages of aerated concrete structures
For the construction of partitions instruction recommends the use of blocks having a density D500 / 600. Their thickness can be 10, 12, 15, 18 and 20 cm.
Choose the thickness of the pier should be based on the level of sound insulation, as well as the magnitude of the expected loads. If they are significant, then blocks with a thickness of 15 cm are used.
They make it possible to use long anchors holding loads greater than 150 kg.
- For the implementation of non-standard projects, aerated concrete is a very convenient building material. A normal block of it can be given the desired shape with a simple saw. It is also easy to lay in aerated concrete walls and communications with shtrob.
When building walls of blocks, it is desirable to use not ordinary masonry mortar, but specialized glue from fine sand, cement and modifiers.
- This mixture allows the seams to be made very thin. Their thickness ranges from 1 to 3 mm. This is less than several times than when laying bricks.
- Another advantage of cellular concrete partitions is their relatively small mass.
- The price is less than their brick counterparts. Below is the material itself, except for the laying you need a little glue, and for the plaster of the walls - a solution (the average thickness of the finish 5/7 millimeters).
Before you do your own building block of aerated concrete partition, read the recommendations of experts.
- Block walls are constructed so that in the adjacent rows the vertical joints do not coincide. This applies to the laying of all piece building materials and is called "bandaging seams."
- Between the ceiling and the partition should be made a compensation gap of 2 cm. It should be clogged with a non-rigid, springy material - mineral wool, mounting foam, polystyrene foam.
Note! Such an expansion joint will prevent cracking in aerated concrete. It may occur when transferring the wall loads from the bearing slab, during its deflection.
- To fix the blocks to the bearing wall should be anchor plates made of stainless steel or punched-galvanized. This should be done through each vertical meter of masonry.
- Aerated concrete blocks for interior partitions, it is desirable to lay on the glue. Its costs are 6 times less than the usual solution, but the cost is 2 times as much. At the same time laying on glue more durable.
Purchase, transport and storage
- In factories, blocks are packed in 1 m3 pallets covered with shrink film. It protects the material from precipitation and protects against movement during transport.
- To unload the blocks, you should rent a forklift or a truck crane with soft slings. Steel cables can not be used, they will damage the blocks.
- Pallets should be stored on level ground, which is not threatened by flooding.
- If storage is long, they need to be partially unpacked, removing the film from the sides. So the blocks will be aired.
Laying the first row
The masonry of the first row of the partition must be given particularly much attention.
Putting it exactly horizontally, you will greatly facilitate the installation of the following rows.
- Laying the initial row of blocks should be on the waterproofing layer. So the capillary suction of water from the basement will be excluded. As moisture protection, you can use bitumen-based roll materials or a special polymer cement mortar.
- If the top of the foundation is not perfectly flat, the initial row of blocks should be placed on a leveling pad of sand-cement mortar..
- Check the correctness of each item by level and drawstring.. Adjust the position of the blocks with a rubber mallet as necessary.
- After mounting each row, level its surface with a special float..
Note! Between the blocks should not be high-altitude drops. Otherwise, vertical cracking may occur in the stress sections in the wall. Dust remaining after leveling, clean with a large brush.
To aerated concrete blocks for partitions were installed with high quality, you can use tools that greatly simplify the work.
- For example, you can put in the corners of the future partition strips-order. Mark on them the risks denoting the position of the rows. Stretch the cord between the slats to control the correct laying.
- Starting from the second row, masonry elements should be tied up. To displace the next row compared to the previous should be half the length of the block.
- Glue can be applied to the surface with a carriage having the same width as the laying, or a notched trowel for tiles.
- Each subsequent block is put on the glue mortar and is trimmed by the lace.
- At the end of the masonry rows, as a rule, there is a need to install an additional (incomplete) element.
Note! The best option for this is cutting of reinforced concrete-concrete with diamond circles. However, in the case of its cellular species it is quite possible to do with a regular hacksaw.
- Cut the cut block before installation should be lubricated with glue on both sides.
How to block the openings
To block the doorways in the walls, you can use prefabricated or poured at the place of lintel. As the elements of these structures, metal profiles, wooden beams or reinforced concrete products are used. Produced at the place of lintel is concrete poured inside U-shaped blocks.
They are the piece elements of the permanent formwork.
The width of these trays can be different and corresponds to the dimensions of the wall elements, the length is 50 cm.
- U-shaped blocks are placed in their intended position, glue is applied on the vertical seams. Before this, props are mounted under the door opening. The thicker side wall of the tray should be located on the outside of the partition.
- In the cavity, assembled from the modules, put reinforcing bars. It must be positioned in such a way that the layer of the solution closes it everywhere.
- Next, the formwork is poured with concrete with a fine fraction. It is compacted by splicing.
- Lastly, the surface of the mortar is leveled flush with the top of the masonry.
If your area has an increased seismic risk, the wall should be reinforced every 50 cm.
When the region is not active seismically, the partition can be strengthened every 3/4 rows.
- To lay the reinforcing bars in the blocks, it is necessary to equip the grooves. It is convenient to do this using a manual wall chaser.
- If there is power supply at the construction site, you can use an electric tool to cut the grooves.
- The grooves after their arrangement must be dust-free with a brush or a building dryer.
- Then they are filled with glue. So you will ensure good coupling of blocks and fittings, as well as protect the metal from rusting.
- In this case, the best option is to use rods with a periodic profile, with a cross section of 0.8 cm.
- Push the rebar gently into the glue poured. Remove excess solution.
After this procedure, aerated concrete walls can safely be subjected to the necessary operations. For example, to carry out diamond drilling holes in concrete. (See also the article Aerated concrete facing: how to do.)
If you do everything correctly, based on the voiced recommendations of experts, the inner walls of aerated concrete will serve you for many years. They will create comfort and coziness in your home, bringing warmth and protection from unwanted noise.
Watch the video in this article. It provides interesting information on today's topic.
And on how to cut the concrete with diamond circles, read on other pages of our site.